- Happy Bday! RT @winecurmudgeon: WC Birthday Week continues -- win $50 @Wine_com gift card bit.ly/1ynONsFTweeted 1 week ago
- Why do chefs always pose for PR photos with hands planted in their armpits?? Please don’t touch my food! #letseathome #food #wineTweeted 2 weeks ago
- RT @WaPoFood: The Mid-Atlantic wine harvest for 2014 shaping up to be a classic, reports @dmwine: wapo.st/10QhFyyTweeted 2 weeks ago
- W/Warren Winiarski & John Gray, NMAH Director, @ Smithsonian winemaker dinner, in the Commons of the Castle. #wineTweeted 4 weeks ago
- RT @CatenaMalbec: "Argentina has more to be proud of than just malbec"- @dmwine on Mendoza's High Altitude Chard: ow.ly/D1IeNTweeted 1 month ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Uncorked D.C. - Wine's generosity at its best
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- Winemaker's Hands: Paul Drogemuller
- Drink Local Wine Week: The Importance of Vintage. Or Not.
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Virginia, Maryland impress the California judges
- Cheap wine? Or snake oil?
- Fracchia “Voulet” Malvasia di Casorzo
Category Archives: Bordeaux
Exorbitant prices for the top chateaux give a false impression that Bordeaux is out of reach for most wine consumers. But most Bordeaux is actually priced more down to earth and can be a terrific value, especially in strong vintages … Continue reading
My Washington Post column last week, which I posted here yesterday, generated considerable comment on the web and in emails back to me. Steve Heimoff, Wine Enthusiast’s California reviewer, took issue on his blog with the thought that Bordeaux could ever appeal to U.S. … Continue reading
My Washington Post column last week on an effort by a young Bordeaux negociant to promote the region’s wines to New York sommeliers generated considerable comment, much of it anti-Bordeaux. For those of you who didn’t see it, here’s the … Continue reading
Worth Reading This Week: FBI arrests alleged fraudster; White House fails to keep dinner wine list secret
Some recent items of interest from the Wine-o-sphere: The FBI last week arrested flamboyant wine collector Rudy Kurniawan for wine fraud. It’s the first time the Bureau has taken wine counterfeiting so seriously. Mike Steinberger has some detailed analysis on … Continue reading
A visiting friend has kept me busy this weekend, but here’s a late roundup of (last) week’s wine writings worth weading: What happens when a Californian wine writer with a sharp palate and an open mind visits Virginia? You get … Continue reading
Opportunities to participate in a vertical tasting – spanning several vintages – of a premier wine are rare, so I jumped at the invitation to participate in an 11-vintage retrospective of Chateau Figeac, a Premier Grand Cru Classé producer in … Continue reading