- Welcome back Ryan Zimmerman! Now the party is complete #Natitude #NationalsTweeted 8 hours ago
- @FrancineSegan Brachetto with chocolate! Or Port. Even Moscato d’Asti if fruit is involved. #wineTweeted 5 days ago
- @FightinHydrant Why not show that strikeout pitch on Pitch Track?Tweeted 5 days ago
- Hey #wine peeps - be sure to check out the @WaPoTravel section on #VAWine country. Much better in print than online! @WaPoFoodTweeted 1 week ago
- @FightinHydrant Washington area hospital coronary units are probably working overtime tonight. WTF?? #Nats @masnNationalsTweeted 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- DC Hails Two New Master Sommeliers
- Sneak Preview WoW: Lello Tinto 2009, Douro, $8
- A stellar Austrian red to start the year off right
- Bordeaux: Too little, too late? It Depends(c).
- How long will sherry remain wine's best kept secret?
- WoW: Angulo Innocenti Cabernet Sauvignon, Argentina $20
Category Archives: Cabernet Franc
Earlier this year, after I wrote about the difficulty of finding the so-called “New California” wines, I was introduced to Aaron Epstein, a San Diego-based entrepreneur and new father who operates Le Metro. Wine. Underground, a subscription direct-to-consumer retailer. To use … Continue reading
This year’s Virginia Governor’s Cup was awarded last Thursday to The Williamsburg Winery for its 2010 Adagio, a Bordeaux-style red blend. And once again, the results of the competition show that Virginia wine’s strength lies with these blended wines rather … Continue reading
Recently I came across my copy of the Summer 2010 issue of Virginia Wine Lover, the enjoyable magazine edited by Patrick Evans-Hylton. Patrick had interviewed me for his “Quaff Quiz” feature, and reading it again I realized a few things. I’ve been … Continue reading
The revamped Boordy Vineyards, Maryland’s oldest winery, took top honors at last weekend’s Atlantic Seaboard Wine Competition, earning Best of Show for its 2010 Cabernet Franc Reserve. It was the second major award for Boordy’s first vintage of red wines … Continue reading
Virginia’s wine industry gave itself its annual report card Thursday, and Barboursville Vineyards was named valedictorian – its 2009 Octagon red blend won the Governor’s Cup. The trophy was presented to Barboursville winemaker Luca Paschina by Gov. Robert McDonnell tonight … Continue reading
Steven Spurrier came to Virginia and liked what he saw — and what he tasted. “Virginia makes the kind of wines I like to drink,” Spurrier said at the inaugural Virginia Wine Summit held in Richmond earlier this month. Coming … Continue reading
Local wines shined – or at least won some shiny medals – at two recent competitions in California. At this year’s San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, the largest annual contest featuring wines from around the United States, Barboursville Vineyards took … Continue reading