- RT @CatenaMalbec: "Argentina has more to be proud of than just malbec"- @dmwine on Mendoza's High Altitude Chard: ow.ly/D1IeNTweeted 1 day ago
- RT @randyfuller1: Explore a new #wine grape with your next bottle! ow.ly/D5PdE Hear the Now And Zin Wine Report. #audio #podcastTweeted 1 day ago
- RT @trumpwinery: Listening to the amazing Ray Isle speaking about the benefits about eating and drinking local. #vawinesummit #vawine http:…Tweeted 3 days ago
- Waiting to discuss #VAWine dark horse grape varieties with @lindamurphywine at #vawinesummitTweeted 4 days ago
- The dump buckets are here! #vawinesummit #VAWineTweeted 4 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Fifty Years of American Winemaking, All in One Hour on October 29
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
- Drink Local Wine Week: The Importance of Vintage. Or Not.
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Drink Local Wine Week: Texas Tempranillo
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Austria in the Whirlwind
Category Archives: Champagne
Claude Thibaut, the man who helped legitimize Virginia wine for restaurant sommeliers, today released a new cuvée called Thibaut-Janisson Xtra Brut. Like his popular Blanc de Chardonnay, the Xtra Brut is 100 percent Chardonnay grown in the Monticello AVA near … Continue reading
Blind tastings can be fun, informative, uplifting, humbling, even humiliating. The ones I enjoy most are those where my involvement is solely as a taster, with no knowledge of what wines are in the mix (I tend to try to … Continue reading
If you’re looking to splurge on your bubbles this holiday season, here are a few top specimens worth considering. Cheers! Nathalie Falmet Brut Nature 3 Stars Champagne, France, $66 Nathalie Falmet is the epitome of a small grower – she … Continue reading
In case you missed last Wednesday’s Washington Post Food section, here are five sparkling wines from around the world worth brightening your holiday celebrations: Champagne may be the ne plus ultra of sparkling wine, but wineries around the world produce … Continue reading
I don’t hear from my readers very often, but when I do, they typically begin, “I enjoy your columns. However … ” Two recent emails were so nasty that I thought I’d post them here in their entirety, along with … Continue reading
Yes, that’s right, “Give me a break!” President Obama is making headlines again in the silly little oenosphere (a word I just made up) because Korbel will be the featured bubbly at the inauguration luncheon at the U.S. Capitol after … Continue reading