- RT @jacobsberg: Ever had a beer where Brett was present by accident? It ain't pretty. @newbelgium I think I made a few in my homebrew days!Tweeted 1 day ago
- @drewhbaker Quality can still be quite good - especially in your hands.Tweeted 1 day ago
- RT @terroiristblog: @DavidAStorm @howardggoldberg @dmwine Or Brett Favre? Ha! Thanks for the kind words, and the humor!Tweeted 1 day ago
- @DrewHBaker how bad was it?Tweeted 2 days ago
- RT @BrianaMDWine: Yesterday's @RKSwine portfolio tasting was not only good research for #mdwine tastings but good rosĂ© research too. http:/â€¦Tweeted 2 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- The RdV Salon Experience
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- Worth Reading This Week: Wooooooo Boy! Expensive wine critics, cheap wine, and tons and tons of methane ...
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Hirsch Vineyards: Pinot Noir along the extreme Sonoma Coast
- A Locavore Talks Locapour - Evan Faber of Salt Bistro in Boulder, CO
- Popsicles with #Wine? Anything Goes When It's This #$*& Hot!
- What's Your Sign? Sun or Soil?
- The Best Wine with Salmon? Not Pinot Noir ...
Category Archives: Cheap Wine
Regular readers of this blog know my buddy, Jeff Siegel, aka The Wine Curmudgeon. We are co-founders of DrinkLocalWine.com, the website that became a movement (or at least anticipated one). Jeff is the Eugene Debs of wine consumers, always championing … Continue reading
Do you feel overwhelmed when shopping for wine? The sheer magnitude of choices is daunting. There are wallabies and penguins and rabbits, oh my! Do you prefer to go Barefoot or wear Flip Flops, socialize with Old Farts or Fat … Continue reading
This Wine of the Week is a real “WoW”! The Lello Tinto 2009 from Portugal’s magnificent Douro Valley is the best Douro wine I’ve tasted under $10. The 2009 is better even that previous vintages. If price has kept you … Continue reading
Here’s what’s up this week in wine: Wine Enthusiast has discovered that Virginia is for Wine Lovers. The magazine has anointed the Old Dominion as one of the 10 best wine regions in the world to visit. Quite a coup, … Continue reading
Let’s face it – there’s nothing like Champagne, but Champagne is expensive. Sometimes we want the celebration of bubbles without the expense. Luckily, there are any number of tasty, inexpensive sparkling wines made around the world that can serve the … Continue reading
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, with lots of good food, fellowship and wine. Before the big day, I asked what you’d be drinking, and the favorite wine appears to be Pinot Noir, which garnered 18% of the votes, … Continue reading
Someone has declared war on wine. I think itâ€™s the Tea Party. Or maybe it’s the “99 Percent.” I’m not sure who’s who these days. One salvo came from Slate, which was known for intelligent wine writing until a few … Continue reading
In my continuing quest to come up with a regular pattern of posts that can make it easier to keep feeding this blog and also give you readers some consistency about what to expect when you visit, I thought I’d … Continue reading
“Moscato Madness” is in the air. The sweet, flowery fizzy wine is all the rage among casual wine drinkers, according to MarketWatch. And we’re not just talking about Moscato d’Asti, the benchmark of this style from Piemonte in Italy, which … Continue reading
The California Department of Food and Agricultureâ€™s Market Enforcement Branch saw a spike last year in the number of complaints filed by wine grape growers against buyers who couldnâ€™t fulfill their contracts, the North Bay Business Journal reported this week. … Continue reading