- Lessons from the Virginia Governor’s Case wp.me/pI0YW-wrTweeted 6 days ago
- Well deserved! RT @TheGoodWineGuru: Congrats to Sec of Agriculture Todd Haymore on winning Wine Person of the Year #VAWine Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @VeritasWinery: Big night for #vawine Proud of our Gold medal for our Viognier at the Governor's Cup Gala! #loveinglass http://t.co/R4q…Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @MattConrad: Congratulations to the 2014 Governors Cup winner, Williamsburg Winery's Adagio! #vawine http://t.co/UruUDjOPCTTweeted 1 week ago
- Hey #vawine peeps! Who do you predict will take home the Governor’s Cup tonite? #wineTweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Lessons from the Virginia Governor's Case
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Virginia wine updates: Sweely's new name, and an honor for Breaux
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- A Failed Tea Party with Hugh Johnson
- Wines of the Week: Gundlach Bundschu, Pedroncelli and more
- Take that, Virginia wine!
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
Category Archives: Colorado
Carlson Vineyards turns 25 this year, and they’ve been celebrating all over their Facebook page recently. One of their posts got me to reminiscing about my first experiences with Carlson wine, and Colorado wine in general. It was an early part … Continue reading
If you haven’t checked out Drink Local Wine’s Facebook page, you should. That’s where we asked wine lovers to post their favorite photos relating to regional wine during Regional Wine Week. There were great shots of grapes, of course, like … Continue reading
It’s been three months since I’ve posted here. That’s a factor of fatigue, I don’t mind acknowledging. I’ve still been writing my weekly wine columns for The Washington Post, of course, and will link to those here in future in … Continue reading
I’ve written about the reluctance of avowedly locavore restaurants to sell local wines, and each year at the DrinkLocalWine.com conferences I’ve moderated a panel discussion on the subject. This year’s panel was the liveliest yet, mainly because Colorado has really … Continue reading
Catching up on the reading, there’s lots out there about local wine: Eric Asimov of the New York Times joins the locavore/locapour debate this week with a well-reasoned piece about the reluctance of consumers to consider local wines even … Continue reading
At last weekend’s DrinkLocalWine.com conference in Denver, our annual writers’ dinner was held at the Governor’s Residence. The venue alone was testament to how much importance the state put on the conference and the opportunity to showcase its wines to … Continue reading