- Are We There Yet? Are We There Yet? (Spring, that is … ) wp.me/pI0YW-wJTweeted 2 hours ago
- How much local is too much? wp.me/pI0YW-wGTweeted 1 day ago
- #vawine #mdwine peeps - I'll be on the WaPo Food chat at noon today. Lots last week on local #wine! Pro and con ow.ly/vR8KgTweeted 1 day ago
- And what's up with Clippard? #NatitudeTweeted 6 days ago
- 09 @Barboursville CF Reserve, opened Tuesday, showing beautifully tonight. #vawineTweeted 6 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- How much local is too much?
- Are We There Yet? Are We There Yet? (Spring, that is ... )
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- What's ahead in 2014 for wine lovers?
- Hirsch Vineyards: Pinot Noir along the extreme Sonoma Coast
- More signs that local wine is being taken seriously
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Choosing a "house wine" - what are your criteria?
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
Category Archives: Eastern US
This year’s Virginia Governor’s Cup was awarded last Thursday to The Williamsburg Winery for its 2010 Adagio, a Bordeaux-style red blend. And once again, the results of the competition show that Virginia wine’s strength lies with these blended wines rather … Continue reading
Recently I came across my copy of the Summer 2010 issue of Virginia Wine Lover, the enjoyable magazine edited by Patrick Evans-Hylton. Patrick had interviewed me for his “Quaff Quiz” feature, and reading it again I realized a few things. I’ve been … Continue reading
Jon Wehner stood at the end of the small pier and pointed to his right across Church Creek. “Those are our oyster beds over there,” he said, indicating a series of white poles sticking out of the water near the … Continue reading
This article was the most fun I’ve had researching and writing about wine. It was my visit to pay homage to “the Mother Vine,” a side trip of convenience during my niece’s wedding last month on the Outer Banks of … Continue reading
This is Regional Wine Week, October 6-12, the sixth annual celebration of wine made throughout the country, not just on the West Coast. As regular readers of this blog know, Regional Wine Week was started by Jeff Siegel, aka The … Continue reading
The revamped Boordy Vineyards, Maryland’s oldest winery, took top honors at last weekend’s Atlantic Seaboard Wine Competition, earning Best of Show for its 2010 Cabernet Franc Reserve. It was the second major award for Boordy’s first vintage of red wines … Continue reading
In case you missed it, Jancis Robinson mentioned Drink Local Wine in her recent Financial Times column about the revolution in U.S. wine that she and Linda Murphy chronicled in their new book, American Wine: The Ultimate Companion to the … Continue reading
The annual Drink Local Wine conference will be in Baltimore on April 13 – now less than two weeks away. There’s still time to make plans to join us at the Tremont Hotel for the conference and lunch and the … Continue reading
Last weekend I had the pleasure of talking again with Lynn Krielow Chamberlain of iWineRadio.com, an Internet radio program available online and through iTunes. Of course, we discussed the upcoming Drink Local Wine 2013 conference to be held April 13 … Continue reading