- RT @CatenaMalbec: "Argentina has more to be proud of than just malbec"- @dmwine on Mendoza's High Altitude Chard: ow.ly/D1IeNTweeted 1 day ago
- RT @randyfuller1: Explore a new #wine grape with your next bottle! ow.ly/D5PdE Hear the Now And Zin Wine Report. #audio #podcastTweeted 1 day ago
- RT @trumpwinery: Listening to the amazing Ray Isle speaking about the benefits about eating and drinking local. #vawinesummit #vawine http:…Tweeted 4 days ago
- Waiting to discuss #VAWine dark horse grape varieties with @lindamurphywine at #vawinesummitTweeted 4 days ago
- The dump buckets are here! #vawinesummit #VAWineTweeted 4 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Fifty Years of American Winemaking, All in One Hour on October 29
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Drink Local Wine Week: The Importance of Vintage. Or Not.
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Lessons from the Virginia Governor's Case
- Drink Local Wine Week: Texas Tempranillo
Category Archives: Humor
April 1 – DATELINE: ONLINE – The wine blahgosphere fell eerily silent today when William Zinsser emerged from the heavens and told wine blahggers that the world isn’t all about them and they can only write about wine from now … Continue reading
A friend of mine recently read me this recipe over the phone. It reads better aloud, to be honest, but I couldn’t resist posting it here in spirit – Hic! – of the season. I asked for proper attribution, but … Continue reading
Call Central Casting and request a flamboyent French winemaker who epitomizes joie de vivre and bonhomie, and they’d probably send you Jean-Charles Boisset. Boisset is the scion of a famous Burgundy family who in recent years has embarked on a … Continue reading
Some items worth reading this week in the vinosphere: Marketing has run amok again: Mary Orlin, the “Wine Fashionista” for Huffington Post, rails against a reality TV star’s plan to market “Skinnygirl” wines. It’s enough to make one pray for … Continue reading
Worth reading this week on the blahgosphere (actually the last two weeks – since I missed last Friday): A big shout-out to W. Blake Gray for his insightful reportage on President Obama’s proposal to kill off the TTB, the federal … Continue reading
Some interesting reading from this week in the wild world of wine: Palate Press reposts an interesting piece from earlier this year by Evan Dawson on a backlash from California winemakers about the popular “slander” that Cali pinot is routinely … Continue reading
Worth Reading This Week: Wooooooo Boy! Expensive wine critics, cheap wine, and tons and tons of methane …
Here’s my weekly offerings of what’s worth reading on the wine blahgosphere – and boy, this week’s a doozy! We begin with “Campogate” – the controversy over the resignation of Jay Miller from Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate. It seems little-known … Continue reading