- RT @trumpwinery: Listening to the amazing Ray Isle speaking about the benefits about eating and drinking local. #vawinesummit #vawine http:‚Ä¶Tweeted 5 hours ago
- Waiting to discuss #VAWine dark horse grape varieties with @lindamurphywine at #vawinesummitTweeted 8 hours ago
- The dump buckets are here! #vawinesummit #VAWineTweeted 8 hours ago
- Where am I? Here‚Äôs a hint: #vawinesummit #vawine ow.ly/i/7hZGxTweeted 1 day ago
- Great wines at from Delaplane, Ankida Ridge, Trump, Annefield, Chatham, Ingleside, Williamsburg, and Foggy Ridge. #vawinesummit #vawineTweeted 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Fifty Years of American Winemaking, All in One Hour on October 29
- Drink Local Wine Week: The Importance of Vintage. Or Not.
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- DC Hails Two New Master Sommeliers
- Take that, Virginia wine!
- Rooting for Chenin
- Worth Reading This Week: FBI arrests alleged fraudster; White House fails to keep dinner wine list secret
Category Archives: Oregon
The Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of American History is 50 years old this year. As part of the birthday celebrations, the museum’s food and wine history project will host a discussion of “Fifty Years of American Winemaking” on Wednesday, October … Continue reading
Maybe it’s something in the zeitgeist, but I seem to be receiving more hate mail lately. Much of it is short and simple (“You’re an idiot!”). Some readers write to complain that they went out of their way to look … Continue reading
I’m in New Zealand on a brief stopover from my Australia sojourn, but I’m also in Oregon through the pages of The Washington Post Travel section and my feature on Willamette Valley wineries that are redefining wine tourism. Check it … Continue reading
During my interview with Steven Spurrier at the Virginia Wine Summit in Richmond earlier this month, I asked him about his impressions of U.S. wines, 36 years after his famous Paris tasting put California on the world wine map. The … Continue reading
Here’s what’s up this week in wine: Wine Enthusiast has discovered that Virginia is for Wine Lovers. The magazine has anointed the Old Dominion as one of the 10 best wine regions in the world to visit. Quite a coup, … Continue reading
Who thinks these things up? Elin McCoy of Bloomberg News reports on an Oregon winery that recruited an elephant to stomp grapes as part of a fund raiser for a wildlife park. Talk about ‚€œnatural wine‚€! Winery owner Stephen Reustle … Continue reading