- Local Wine + Local Food? Why not here? wp.me/pI0YW-vqTweeted 7 hours ago
- Happy Birthday to me ... Local #vawine with local food and even better - local friends. #wine http://t.co/z3x6Wo9kIsTweeted 3 days ago
- @Virginia_Made my teetotaling parents! Ha! Thanks for the bday wishes.Tweeted 3 days ago
- The Mother Vine: Regional Wine's Origin in the OBX wp.me/pI0YW-vkTweeted 1 week ago
- Champagne for real friends, real pain for sham friends. You know who you are. #wineTweeted 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Local Wine + Local Food? Why not here?
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- A Failed Tea Party with Hugh Johnson
- The World Atlas of Wine: Essential Reading for Wine Lovers
- Barboursville Earns Top Bling for 2009 Octagon
- The Mother Vine: Regional Wine's Origin in the OBX
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Parker: Will Bordeaux alienate the U.S. market?
- Millennials and Wine: Revolution or Evolution?
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
Category Archives: Oregon
Maybe it’s something in the zeitgeist, but I seem to be receiving more hate mail lately. Much of it is short and simple (“You’re an idiot!”). Some readers write to complain that they went out of their way to look … Continue reading
I’m in New Zealand on a brief stopover from my Australia sojourn, but I’m also in Oregon through the pages of The Washington Post Travel section and my feature on Willamette Valley wineries that are redefining wine tourism. Check it … Continue reading
During my interview with Steven Spurrier at the Virginia Wine Summit in Richmond earlier this month, I asked him about his impressions of U.S. wines, 36 years after his famous Paris tasting put California on the world wine map. The … Continue reading
Here’s what’s up this week in wine: Wine Enthusiast has discovered that Virginia is for Wine Lovers. The magazine has anointed the Old Dominion as one of the 10 best wine regions in the world to visit. Quite a coup, … Continue reading
Who thinks these things up? Elin McCoy of Bloomberg News reports on an Oregon winery that recruited an elephant to stomp grapes as part of a fund raiser for a wildlife park. Talk about â€œnatural wineâ€! Winery owner Stephen Reustle … Continue reading
Despite what the winemakers and the marketing folks will tell you, the best wine to pair with salmon is not pinot noir, whether from Oregon or anywhere else. No, the best wine with salmon is Oregon pinot gris. At least, … Continue reading
The wine industry has lost an important voice in Washington. After 16 years in the nation’s capital, Bill Nelson is leaving WineAmerica, the only trade group that represents the entire U.S. wine industry. Nelson, who has been the group’s president … Continue reading
Wine lovers can spend hours debating wine-food pairings (just one reason we are so boring to our children), and there are certain meals we dismiss as “beer food.” These are usually spicy or cheap, and casual – in other words, … Continue reading
The number of wineries in the United States continues to grow, reports Wine Business Monthly. The total at the end of November was 6,223, up 122 over the past year. That equals the 6% growth pace of 2008 and shows … Continue reading