- Welcome back Ryan Zimmerman! Now the party is complete #Natitude #NationalsTweeted 2 days ago
- @FrancineSegan Brachetto with chocolate! Or Port. Even Moscato d’Asti if fruit is involved. #wineTweeted 1 week ago
- @FightinHydrant Why not show that strikeout pitch on Pitch Track?Tweeted 1 week ago
- Hey #wine peeps - be sure to check out the @WaPoTravel section on #VAWine country. Much better in print than online! @WaPoFoodTweeted 1 week ago
- @FightinHydrant Washington area hospital coronary units are probably working overtime tonight. WTF?? #Nats @masnNationalsTweeted 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Lessons from the Virginia Governor's Case
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- Hirsch Vineyards: Pinot Noir along the extreme Sonoma Coast
- Worth Reading This Week: A Californian's perspective on Virginia wine
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Cheap wine? Or snake oil?
Category Archives: Parker
Maybe this regional wine thing is for real after all. Virginia Gov. Robert McDonnell announced this week that Virginia wineries sold nearly 485,000 cases of wine in 2012, a new record. Virginia wine sales have risen by an average of … Continue reading
I’ve taken a break from the blog, but not from reading about wine. Here are some great recent reads, in case you haven’t seen them. The Rudy Kurniawan wine-fraud saga has had two write-ups, by Ben Wallace in New York … Continue reading
Some fun and interesting keyboard musings this week: W. Blake Gray indulges in his favorite sport – provoking Adam Lee of Siduri with a post about low alcohol levels. It’s a great way to boost your comment totals on a … Continue reading
Some interesting reading in the tangled vines of cyberspace: The Atlantic, long a bastion of intellectual, thought-provoking essays and fiction for the Eastern egghead set, has discovered … wait for it … that wine is actually made along the Atlantic … Continue reading
Worth Reading This Week: FBI arrests alleged fraudster; White House fails to keep dinner wine list secret
Some recent items of interest from the Wine-o-sphere: The FBI last week arrested flamboyant wine collector Rudy Kurniawan for wine fraud. It’s the first time the Bureau has taken wine counterfeiting so seriously. Mike Steinberger has some detailed analysis on … Continue reading
A visiting friend has kept me busy this weekend, but here’s a late roundup of (last) week’s wine writings worth weading: What happens when a Californian wine writer with a sharp palate and an open mind visits Virginia? You get … Continue reading
Something extraordinary happened this Christmas. Not birth-of-the-savior extraordinary mind you, but something so unexpected that I had to rub my eyes before I could believe it actually happened. I was served a Virginia wine at “Wine Camp.” Wine Camp is … Continue reading