- Happy Bday! RT @winecurmudgeon: WC Birthday Week continues -- win $50 @Wine_com gift card bit.ly/1ynONsFTweeted 3 days ago
- Why do chefs always pose for PR photos with hands planted in their armpits?? Please don’t touch my food! #letseathome #food #wineTweeted 1 week ago
- RT @WaPoFood: The Mid-Atlantic wine harvest for 2014 shaping up to be a classic, reports @dmwine: wapo.st/10QhFyyTweeted 1 week ago
- W/Warren Winiarski & John Gray, NMAH Director, @ Smithsonian winemaker dinner, in the Commons of the Castle. #wineTweeted 3 weeks ago
- RT @CatenaMalbec: "Argentina has more to be proud of than just malbec"- @dmwine on Mendoza's High Altitude Chard: ow.ly/D1IeNTweeted 1 month ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Millennials and Wine: Revolution or Evolution?
- Thibaut-Janisson Xtra Brut - A New Can't Miss Virginia Sparkler That Most People Will Miss
- DC Hails Two New Master Sommeliers
- Drink Local Wine Week: The Importance of Vintage. Or Not.
- Let Red Car take you for a ride along the Sonoma Coast
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week #4: Partridge Foot?
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
Category Archives: Rants
Earlier this year, after I wrote about the difficulty of finding the so-called “New California” wines, I was introduced to Aaron Epstein, a San Diego-based entrepreneur and new father who operates Le Metro. Wine. Underground, a subscription direct-to-consumer retailer. To use … Continue reading
I find it amusing when people accuse me of not covering local wine enough in my weekly columns for The Washington Post. If anything, I’m leery that I may spend too much attention on local wines, which I find quite … Continue reading
April 1 – DATELINE: ONLINE – The wine blahgosphere fell eerily silent today when William Zinsser emerged from the heavens and told wine blahggers that the world isn’t all about them and they can only write about wine from now … Continue reading
My Washington Post column last week, which I posted here yesterday, generated considerable comment on the web and in emails back to me. Steve Heimoff, Wine Enthusiast’s California reviewer, took issue on his blog with the thought that Bordeaux could ever appeal to U.S. … Continue reading
New Year’s is crystal-ball season in a lot of respects – not just the ball that drops on Times Square, but all the figurative crystal balls that pundits and wine columnists gaze into to predict what the new year will … Continue reading
Recently I came across my copy of the Summer 2010 issue of Virginia Wine Lover, the enjoyable magazine edited by Patrick Evans-Hylton. Patrick had interviewed me for his “Quaff Quiz” feature, and reading it again I realized a few things. I’ve been … Continue reading
This article was the most fun I’ve had researching and writing about wine. It was my visit to pay homage to “the Mother Vine,” a side trip of convenience during my niece’s wedding last month on the Outer Banks of … Continue reading