- How much local is too much? wp.me/pI0YW-wGTweeted 20 hours ago
- #vawine #mdwine peeps - I'll be on the WaPo Food chat at noon today. Lots last week on local #wine! Pro and con ow.ly/vR8KgTweeted 23 hours ago
- And what's up with Clippard? #NatitudeTweeted 5 days ago
- 09 @Barboursville CF Reserve, opened Tuesday, showing beautifully tonight. #vawineTweeted 5 days ago
- Playoff quality baseball in April! Life is good! And RYan Zimmerman for MVP! #Natitude #mustbeatbravesTweeted 5 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- How much local is too much?
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Bordeaux tries to recapture the imagination of U.S. wine lovers
- Millennials and Wine: Revolution or Evolution?
- Choosing a "house wine" - what are your criteria?
- How long will sherry remain wine's best kept secret?
- Thibaut-Janisson Xtra Brut - A New Can't Miss Virginia Sparkler That Most People Will Miss
- They DO Make Good #Wine in Greece!
Category Archives: Regional Wine Week
Recently I came across my copy of the Summer 2010 issue of Virginia Wine Lover, the enjoyable magazine edited by Patrick Evans-Hylton. Patrick had interviewed me for his “Quaff Quiz” feature, and reading it again I realized a few things. I’ve been … Continue reading
This is Regional Wine Week, October 6-12, the sixth annual celebration of wine made throughout the country, not just on the West Coast. As regular readers of this blog know, Regional Wine Week was started by Jeff Siegel, aka The … Continue reading
The Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of American History will unveil a new exhibit next week called “FOOD: Transforming the American Table 1950-2000.” A major part of this exhibit – which anyone who eats or drinks should visit – covers the … Continue reading
DrinkLocalWine, the website-turned-movement that Jeff Siegel and I started four years ago, will hold its fifth annual Regional Wine Week from Nov. 12-16. The idea is to encourage bloggers and other wine writers to focus on their local wines from … Continue reading
I’m beginning to feel a bandwagon effect. The buzz about local wines keeps getting louder. I just received an e-mail from The Bottle Shop, a small specialty wine retailer in North Potomac, Maryland. The store regularly sends e-mail notices about … Continue reading
The regional wine movement – if I can get away with calling it that – continues to gain momentum and popular credibility. The latest spotlight came from USA Today, in an article in Wednesday’s edition headlined, “An American wine for … Continue reading
Whew, what a week it’s been! Our fourth annual Regional Wine Week at DrinkLocalWine.com has been our busiest ever, and most far-flung, too. We’ve had posts from 22 of The Other 47 states, plus Canada. Eric Asimov of the New … Continue reading
Forty days and forty nights. That’s what it seemed like to area vintners when the rains wouldn’t stop last month. They didn’t quite get there — it was more like 30 out of 35 days that the sun didn’t shine … Continue reading
Maryland’s wine industry is overshadowed by its neighbor to the south. Virginia boasts nearly 200 wineries to Maryland’s 52, and it has benefited from strong support from its state government, while Annapolis has largely been unhelpful. But Maryland wine is … Continue reading