- Happy Bday! RT @winecurmudgeon: WC Birthday Week continues -- win $50 @Wine_com gift card bit.ly/1ynONsFTweeted 4 days ago
- Why do chefs always pose for PR photos with hands planted in their armpits?? Please donâ€™t touch my food! #letseathome #food #wineTweeted 1 week ago
- RT @WaPoFood: The Mid-Atlantic wine harvest for 2014 shaping up to be a classic, reports @dmwine: wapo.st/10QhFyyTweeted 1 week ago
- W/Warren Winiarski & John Gray, NMAH Director, @ Smithsonian winemaker dinner, in the Commons of the Castle. #wineTweeted 3 weeks ago
- RT @CatenaMalbec: "Argentina has more to be proud of than just malbec"- @dmwine on Mendoza's High Altitude Chard: ow.ly/D1IeNTweeted 1 month ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- DC Hails Two New Master Sommeliers
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru ClassĂ© of St. Emilion
- Thibaut-Janisson Xtra Brut - A New Can't Miss Virginia Sparkler That Most People Will Miss
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Millennials and Wine: Revolution or Evolution?
- Drink Local Wine Week: The Importance of Vintage. Or Not.
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week #4: Partridge Foot?
- Fracchia “Voulet” Malvasia di Casorzo
Category Archives: Religion
Today marks another first for me – my first appearance in the Book World section of The Washington Post. I review two books: Divine Vintage: Following the Wine Trail from Genesis to the Modern Age, by Joel Butler and Randall … Continue reading
(This column was published in The Washington Post on Wednesday, April 4, 2012.) Wine is increasingly becoming part of our modern dining culture, a drink to be enjoyed regularly and not just on special occasions. Thatâ€™s to be applauded from … Continue reading
Ampelography is one of the funniest sounding words in wine, a field that’s full of potential puns and double entendres. It means simply, the study and identification of grapevines. And Lucie Morton is one of this country’s leading ampelographers. But … Continue reading