- Are We There Yet? Are We There Yet? (Spring, that is … ) wp.me/pI0YW-wJTweeted 5 days ago
- How much local is too much? wp.me/pI0YW-wGTweeted 1 week ago
- #vawine #mdwine peeps - I'll be on the WaPo Food chat at noon today. Lots last week on local #wine! Pro and con ow.ly/vR8KgTweeted 1 week ago
- And what's up with Clippard? #NatitudeTweeted 1 week ago
- 09 @Barboursville CF Reserve, opened Tuesday, showing beautifully tonight. #vawineTweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Are We There Yet? Are We There Yet? (Spring, that is ... )
- How much local is too much?
- Lessons from the Virginia Governor's Case
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Take that, Virginia wine!
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Wines to Defy Winter's Last Blast
- When You Are the Winemaker
Category Archives: Riesling
Carlson Vineyards turns 25 this year, and they’ve been celebrating all over their Facebook page recently. One of their posts got me to reminiscing about my first experiences with Carlson wine, and Colorado wine in general. It was an early part … Continue reading
Yes, that’s right, “Give me a break!” President Obama is making headlines again in the silly little oenosphere (a word I just made up) because Korbel will be the featured bubbly at the inauguration luncheon at the U.S. Capitol after … Continue reading
Remember when the food-wine pairing gurus would automatically say Riesling or Gewurztraminer when asked what wine to pair with Asian food? It didn’t matter what dish, or even which culture or cuisine. Asian = spicy, and therefore the wine should … Continue reading
The blahblahsphere is rife with posts about the best wines of the year, so I thought I’d offer my favorite “Regional Wines of 2011” – these are wines that thrilled me this year, and yes, I may have graded them … Continue reading
This is the fourth in a series of short reviews of wine books worthy of putting under the Christmas tree for the vinophiliac on your list this year. Anyone who has traveled the Finger Lakes – or even enjoyed one … Continue reading
As a wine columnist, I love to recommend wines that most people haven’t heard about. I’m sort of like the shifty guy in a trench coat on the street corner hissing, “Hey buddy, try THIS!” I love to find something … Continue reading
Every Wednesday, I recommend six wines in my column published in The Washington Post’s Food section. This week, I’m so excited about one of those wines that I wanted to give my blog readers a sneak peek and – if … Continue reading
Thanksgiving is coming, which means wine writers across the country are telling you to worry about what wines will clash with the cranberry sauce. To which I always say, “open one of everything” and turn the feast into a food-wine … Continue reading
USA Today, the nation’s newspaper, dropped at hotel room doors across the land every morning, last week endorsed the regional wine movement with a travel feature on 10 “local” wine regions to visit. This is a great idea – if … Continue reading