- Local Wine + Local Food? Why not here? wp.me/pI0YW-vqTweeted 1 day ago
- Happy Birthday to me ... Local #vawine with local food and even better - local friends. #wine http://t.co/z3x6Wo9kIsTweeted 4 days ago
- @Virginia_Made my teetotaling parents! Ha! Thanks for the bday wishes.Tweeted 4 days ago
- The Mother Vine: Regional Wine's Origin in the OBX wp.me/pI0YW-vkTweeted 1 week ago
- Champagne for real friends, real pain for sham friends. You know who you are. #wineTweeted 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Local Wine + Local Food? Why not here?
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- A Failed Tea Party with Hugh Johnson
- The Mother Vine: Regional Wine's Origin in the OBX
- A quick guide to sherry
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week: Champagne Lenoble, Cuvée Intense
- Millennials and Wine: Revolution or Evolution?
- Is Virginia wine about to meet the Internet age? In Case you were wondering ...
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
Category Archives: Uncategorized
When I first fell in love with wine, Hugh Johnson’s Vintage series ran on PBS stations here in the United States. I was enthralled by his presentation of wine’s history, its place in Western civilization and culture, and its romanticism. … Continue reading
This is the second annual Virginia cider week, a promotion created last year to shine a light on the rapidly growing craft cider movement in Virginia. The Old Dominion now boasts eight cideries, drawing on the Commonwealth’s history of apple … Continue reading
Maybe it’s something in the zeitgeist, but I seem to be receiving more hate mail lately. Much of it is short and simple (“You’re an idiot!”). Some readers write to complain that they went out of their way to look … Continue reading
Let me start with a declaration: I wish I was born into the millennial generation. These young people are coming of age in an exciting time, with endless possibilities and opportunities ahead of them, just waiting for them to seize … Continue reading
This is Regional Wine Week, October 6-12, the sixth annual celebration of wine made throughout the country, not just on the West Coast. As regular readers of this blog know, Regional Wine Week was started by Jeff Siegel, aka The … Continue reading
DLW 13 is now history. This is a cliché, but I have to say it: This year’s conference was the best ever. Not only did we shine a light on Maryland wine at a conference with about 150 people, but … Continue reading
The annual Drink Local Wine conference will be in Baltimore on April 13 – now less than two weeks away. There’s still time to make plans to join us at the Tremont Hotel for the conference and lunch and the … Continue reading
Virginia’s wine industry gave itself its annual report card Thursday, and Barboursville Vineyards was named valedictorian – its 2009 Octagon red blend won the Governor’s Cup. The trophy was presented to Barboursville winemaker Luca Paschina by Gov. Robert McDonnell tonight … Continue reading
Wine lovers like to wax poetic about “tasting history” when drinking an old wine, as if the warmth of that long-ago summer can be felt and a memory, or an historical event, conjured from the glass. Such history lessons are … Continue reading