- The Kluge auction sparliers will sell out eventually … :-) @DrinkWhatULike #vawinechatTweeted 2 days ago
- @DrinkWhatULike there were hardly any whites in the final round. It's not that they don't show well.Tweeted 2 days ago
- DISAGREE! #drinkwhatyoulike #vawinechat I've had Rieslings win in eastern wine comps …Tweeted 2 days ago
- Last night's Pillar Box Shiraz 2007 under screwcap tasted great! #vawinechat #wineTweeted 2 days ago
- #Wine lovers can appreciate vintage difference, but average consumers may not. At the scale of #vawine, that may not matter. #vawinechatTweeted 2 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- The RdV Salon Experience
- Winemaker's Hands 3: Ivo Skaramuca's plavac mali
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Wine vs. Beer Smackdown!
- On the Kojo Nnamdi Show
- Millennials and Wine: Revolution or Evolution?
Tag Archives: Austria
Mention Austrian wine and you might spark a discussion about Grüner Veltliner and Zweigelt. These are the best known white and red grapes of Austria, respectively, and the country can legitimately claim them as “native” grapes. I’ve probably helped this … Continue reading
“We wanted to take a vacation once a year,” Martin Nigl said, explaining why his family dropped mixed farming of crops and livestock to specialize in wine grapes. “You can’t take a vacation from cows.” That’s a common theme among … Continue reading
Hi Everyone – You’ve probably noticed that I haven’t posted here for quite some time. Some of you have even asked about my health – I’m fine, thank you – or if I’ve quit writing about wine. Definitely not – … Continue reading
This is the kind of primal, fun, juicy wine that gets my blood pumping. Inky dark in color, fresh and herbaceous in aroma, and just pure juicy juice, for lack of a better descriptor, on the palate. It’s 80% Zweigelt, … Continue reading
Wine is going green. Like many of us trying to shrink our “carbon footprints” by using less electricity, recycling, or driving hybrid cars, the wine industry is becoming increasingly earth-friendly. At the Fair Lakes Whole Foods Market in Fairfax, Va., … Continue reading