- Are We There Yet? Are We There Yet? (Spring, that is … ) wp.me/pI0YW-wJTweeted 5 days ago
- How much local is too much? wp.me/pI0YW-wGTweeted 1 week ago
- #vawine #mdwine peeps - I'll be on the WaPo Food chat at noon today. Lots last week on local #wine! Pro and con ow.ly/vR8KgTweeted 1 week ago
- And what's up with Clippard? #NatitudeTweeted 1 week ago
- 09 @Barboursville CF Reserve, opened Tuesday, showing beautifully tonight. #vawineTweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Are We There Yet? Are We There Yet? (Spring, that is ... )
- How much local is too much?
- Lessons from the Virginia Governor's Case
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Wines to Defy Winter's Last Blast
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Thibaut-Janisson Xtra Brut - A New Can't Miss Virginia Sparkler That Most People Will Miss
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
Tag Archives: Austria
Mention Austrian wine and you might spark a discussion about Grüner Veltliner and Zweigelt. These are the best known white and red grapes of Austria, respectively, and the country can legitimately claim them as “native” grapes. I’ve probably helped this … Continue reading
“We wanted to take a vacation once a year,” Martin Nigl said, explaining why his family dropped mixed farming of crops and livestock to specialize in wine grapes. “You can’t take a vacation from cows.” That’s a common theme among … Continue reading
Hi Everyone – You’ve probably noticed that I haven’t posted here for quite some time. Some of you have even asked about my health – I’m fine, thank you – or if I’ve quit writing about wine. Definitely not – … Continue reading
This is the kind of primal, fun, juicy wine that gets my blood pumping. Inky dark in color, fresh and herbaceous in aroma, and just pure juicy juice, for lack of a better descriptor, on the palate. It’s 80% Zweigelt, … Continue reading
Wine is going green. Like many of us trying to shrink our “carbon footprints” by using less electricity, recycling, or driving hybrid cars, the wine industry is becoming increasingly earth-friendly. At the Fair Lakes Whole Foods Market in Fairfax, Va., … Continue reading