- Local Wine + Local Food? Why not here? wp.me/pI0YW-vqTweeted 12 hours ago
- Happy Birthday to me ... Local #vawine with local food and even better - local friends. #wine http://t.co/z3x6Wo9kIsTweeted 3 days ago
- @Virginia_Made my teetotaling parents! Ha! Thanks for the bday wishes.Tweeted 4 days ago
- The Mother Vine: Regional Wine's Origin in the OBX wp.me/pI0YW-vkTweeted 1 week ago
- Champagne for real friends, real pain for sham friends. You know who you are. #wineTweeted 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Local Wine + Local Food? Why not here?
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- A Failed Tea Party with Hugh Johnson
- Millennials and Wine: Revolution or Evolution?
- The Mother Vine: Regional Wine's Origin in the OBX
- The World Atlas of Wine: Essential Reading for Wine Lovers
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Is Wine Really an Agricultural Product?
- Parker: Will Bordeaux alienate the U.S. market?
- Barboursville Earns Top Bling for 2009 Octagon
Tag Archives: Austria
Mention Austrian wine and you might spark a discussion about Grüner Veltliner and Zweigelt. These are the best known white and red grapes of Austria, respectively, and the country can legitimately claim them as “native” grapes. I’ve probably helped this … Continue reading
“We wanted to take a vacation once a year,” Martin Nigl said, explaining why his family dropped mixed farming of crops and livestock to specialize in wine grapes. “You can’t take a vacation from cows.” That’s a common theme among … Continue reading
Hi Everyone – You’ve probably noticed that I haven’t posted here for quite some time. Some of you have even asked about my health – I’m fine, thank you – or if I’ve quit writing about wine. Definitely not – … Continue reading
This is the kind of primal, fun, juicy wine that gets my blood pumping. Inky dark in color, fresh and herbaceous in aroma, and just pure juicy juice, for lack of a better descriptor, on the palate. It’s 80% Zweigelt, … Continue reading
Wine is going green. Like many of us trying to shrink our “carbon footprints” by using less electricity, recycling, or driving hybrid cars, the wine industry is becoming increasingly earth-friendly. At the Fair Lakes Whole Foods Market in Fairfax, Va., … Continue reading