- RT @trumpwinery: Listening to the amazing Ray Isle speaking about the benefits about eating and drinking local. #vawinesummit #vawine http:…Tweeted 19 hours ago
- Waiting to discuss #VAWine dark horse grape varieties with @lindamurphywine at #vawinesummitTweeted 22 hours ago
- The dump buckets are here! #vawinesummit #VAWineTweeted 22 hours ago
- Where am I? Here’s a hint: #vawinesummit #vawine ow.ly/i/7hZGxTweeted 1 day ago
- Great wines at from Delaplane, Ankida Ridge, Trump, Annefield, Chatham, Ingleside, Williamsburg, and Foggy Ridge. #vawinesummit #vawineTweeted 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Fifty Years of American Winemaking, All in One Hour on October 29
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Drink Local Wine Week: The Importance of Vintage. Or Not.
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Drink Local Wine Week: Texas Tempranillo
- Rooting for Chenin
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Take that, Virginia wine!
Tag Archives: Austria
Mention Austrian wine and you might spark a discussion about Grüner Veltliner and Zweigelt. These are the best known white and red grapes of Austria, respectively, and the country can legitimately claim them as “native” grapes. I’ve probably helped this … Continue reading
“We wanted to take a vacation once a year,” Martin Nigl said, explaining why his family dropped mixed farming of crops and livestock to specialize in wine grapes. “You can’t take a vacation from cows.” That’s a common theme among … Continue reading
Hi Everyone – You’ve probably noticed that I haven’t posted here for quite some time. Some of you have even asked about my health – I’m fine, thank you – or if I’ve quit writing about wine. Definitely not – … Continue reading
This is the kind of primal, fun, juicy wine that gets my blood pumping. Inky dark in color, fresh and herbaceous in aroma, and just pure juicy juice, for lack of a better descriptor, on the palate. It’s 80% Zweigelt, … Continue reading
Wine is going green. Like many of us trying to shrink our “carbon footprints” by using less electricity, recycling, or driving hybrid cars, the wine industry is becoming increasingly earth-friendly. At the Fair Lakes Whole Foods Market in Fairfax, Va., … Continue reading