- Happy Bday! RT @winecurmudgeon: WC Birthday Week continues -- win $50 @Wine_com gift card bit.ly/1ynONsFTweeted 6 days ago
- Why do chefs always pose for PR photos with hands planted in their armpits?? Please don’t touch my food! #letseathome #food #wineTweeted 2 weeks ago
- RT @WaPoFood: The Mid-Atlantic wine harvest for 2014 shaping up to be a classic, reports @dmwine: wapo.st/10QhFyyTweeted 2 weeks ago
- W/Warren Winiarski & John Gray, NMAH Director, @ Smithsonian winemaker dinner, in the Commons of the Castle. #wineTweeted 3 weeks ago
- RT @CatenaMalbec: "Argentina has more to be proud of than just malbec"- @dmwine on Mendoza's High Altitude Chard: ow.ly/D1IeNTweeted 1 month ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
- DC Hails Two New Master Sommeliers
- Drink Local Wine Week: The Importance of Vintage. Or Not.
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Peter Chang's Return to DC - Coming Soon
- Fifty Years of American Winemaking, All in One Hour on October 29
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
Tag Archives: Books
When I wrote my column for today’s Washington Post Food section on books to buy the oenophiliac on your list, I left out the most imposing one. Primarily because of space, but also because I couldn’t bring myself to recommend … Continue reading
Today marks another first for me – my first appearance in the Book World section of The Washington Post. I review two books: Divine Vintage: Following the Wine Trail from Genesis to the Modern Age, by Joel Butler and Randall … Continue reading
This is the fourth in a series of short reviews of wine books worthy of putting under the Christmas tree for the vinophiliac on your list this year. Anyone who has traveled the Finger Lakes – or even enjoyed one … Continue reading
This is the third in a series of short reviews of wine books worthy of putting under the Christmas tree for the vinophiliac on your list this year. I laughed out loud twice reading the first five pages of Roy … Continue reading
Throughout December, I’ll be posting reviews of sparkling wines and books, to help your holiday toasting and your gift giving. Ever wonder how your wine got to taste the way it does? If you realize that wine is more than … Continue reading