- Happy Birthday to me ... Local #vawine with local food and even better - local friends. #wine http://t.co/z3x6Wo9kIsTweeted 18 hours ago
- @Virginia_Made my teetotaling parents! Ha! Thanks for the bday wishes.Tweeted 1 day ago
- The Mother Vine: Regional Wine's Origin in the OBX wp.me/pI0YW-vkTweeted 1 week ago
- Champagne for real friends, real pain for sham friends. You know who you are. #wineTweeted 1 week ago
- Thanks! RT @EricAsimov: Terrific Q & A with Hugh Johnson, aka @littlestjames, by @dmwine. Worth reading. ow.ly/27UooDTweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- The Mother Vine: Regional Wine's Origin in the OBX
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- A Failed Tea Party with Hugh Johnson
- Worth reading this week: Yao Ming, ego-shaped fermentation tanks, and the RdV backlash
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week #4: Partridge Foot?
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Early Mountain Vineyards makes a case for Virginia wine
Tag Archives: Jancis Robinson
This article appeared in The Washington Post in slightly different form on November 6, 2013. Coming next: My full interview with Hugh Johnson. There are books that teach you how to taste wine and books that describe how to make … Continue reading
There’s a lot of Internet buzz these days about the effects the millennial generation is having on wine. Much of it is quite breathless and reminds me of the journalistic cliché in which the reporter intones at the end of … Continue reading
Wine lovers like to wax poetic about “tasting history” when drinking an old wine, as if the warmth of that long-ago summer can be felt and a memory, or an historical event, conjured from the glass. Such history lessons are … Continue reading
When I wrote my column for today’s Washington Post Food section on books to buy the oenophiliac on your list, I left out the most imposing one. Primarily because of space, but also because I couldn’t bring myself to recommend … Continue reading
The worst kept secret in Virginia wine is now official: Sweely Estate winery, purchased last summer by Steve and Jean Case of America Online fame, will be renamed Early Mountain Vineyards, with a grand opening scheduled for later this spring. … Continue reading