- Happy Bday! RT @winecurmudgeon: WC Birthday Week continues -- win $50 @Wine_com gift card bit.ly/1ynONsFTweeted 3 days ago
- Why do chefs always pose for PR photos with hands planted in their armpits?? Please don’t touch my food! #letseathome #food #wineTweeted 1 week ago
- RT @WaPoFood: The Mid-Atlantic wine harvest for 2014 shaping up to be a classic, reports @dmwine: wapo.st/10QhFyyTweeted 1 week ago
- W/Warren Winiarski & John Gray, NMAH Director, @ Smithsonian winemaker dinner, in the Commons of the Castle. #wineTweeted 3 weeks ago
- RT @CatenaMalbec: "Argentina has more to be proud of than just malbec"- @dmwine on Mendoza's High Altitude Chard: ow.ly/D1IeNTweeted 1 month ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Millennials and Wine: Revolution or Evolution?
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- DC Hails Two New Master Sommeliers
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week #4: Partridge Foot?
- Thibaut-Janisson Xtra Brut - A New Can't Miss Virginia Sparkler That Most People Will Miss
- Let Red Car take you for a ride along the Sonoma Coast
- Drink Local Wine Week: The Importance of Vintage. Or Not.
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
Tag Archives: Local Wine
Virginia and Maryland vintners have become adept at turning challenges into advantages. Case in point: The region’s variable climate. We get hot vintages, humid vintages, even hurricane vintages that have us looking for arks rather than barrels. (Anyone remember 2011?) … Continue reading
If you haven’t checked out Drink Local Wine’s Facebook page, you should. That’s where we asked wine lovers to post their favorite photos relating to regional wine during Regional Wine Week. There were great shots of grapes, of course, like … Continue reading
This is Regional Wine Week, October 6-12, the sixth annual celebration of wine made throughout the country, not just on the West Coast. As regular readers of this blog know, Regional Wine Week was started by Jeff Siegel, aka The … Continue reading
The revamped Boordy Vineyards, Maryland’s oldest winery, took top honors at last weekend’s Atlantic Seaboard Wine Competition, earning Best of Show for its 2010 Cabernet Franc Reserve. It was the second major award for Boordy’s first vintage of red wines … Continue reading
It’s been three months since I’ve posted here. That’s a factor of fatigue, I don’t mind acknowledging. I’ve still been writing my weekly wine columns for The Washington Post, of course, and will link to those here in future in … Continue reading
You can drink local wine any day, but you should Drink Local Wine on April 13. Okay, punning aside, the annual Drink Local Wine conference is fast approaching. After convening in Texas, Virginia, Missouri and Colorado, we are converging on … Continue reading