- Summer Wines with Soul &@Substance wp.me/pI0YW-xnTweeted 3 days ago
- Excellent southern Italian red from indigenous grape varieties. Old world wine with modern winemaking techniques. del.ec/ySwJwTweeted 4 days ago
- Delightful, light to medium body, dried cherry and plum fruit balanc... Wine from Odoardi via @Vivino: vivino.com/s/53d1bd260efb4Tweeted 4 days ago
- The Monteith Trophy wp.me/pI0YW-xkTweeted 5 days ago
- RT @hogsheadwine: @VAWine Thanks to #LindenVineyards @Barboursville @RdVVineyards @AnkidaRidge @mshaps for pouring exciting wines for #vawi‚Ä¶Tweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Summer Wines with Soul & Substance
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- The Monteith Trophy
- Peter Chang's Return to DC - Coming Soon
- 50 States of Wine - Le Metro Underground Goes Cross Country
- Millennials and Wine: Revolution or Evolution?
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Choosing a "house wine" - what are your criteria?
- Ooh La La! French Wine Scandal Expands to U.S.
Tag Archives: Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving at my house has become a two-day bacchanal, though probably not quite like this one enjoyed by my friends at First Vine Wines. On Wednesday, my mother-in-law, Sheila Chang, cooked up a Chinese feast for 11, during which we … Continue reading
As I noted in my previous post, wine choices for Thanksgiving can be controversial and stress-laden. I received a few comments from folks agreeing and disagreeing with my various “mythbusting” efforts, so I thought I’d put it to you in … Continue reading
There will be no Sneak Preview Wine of the Week this week, as my Washington Post wine column appeared already in today’s special Thanksgiving Food section. So I offer instead my prepared remarks at last Thursday’s Uncorked D.C. charity dinner, … Continue reading
Yes, Partridge Foot. Or Pied de Perdrix to be exact. Here’s my take on this intriguing wine from my upcoming Thanksgiving recommendations in The Washington Post: Lionel Osmin Pied de Perdrix 2009 2 Stars GREAT VALUE Comte Tolosan, France, $ … Continue reading
For the past four years, I have had the pleasure of helping a small but growing fund-raising effort to aid So Others Might Eat (SOME), a Washington, D.C., charity that helps feed the homeless. This benefit dinner, held on the … Continue reading
Thanksgiving is coming, which means wine writers across the country are telling you to worry about what wines will clash with the cranberry sauce. To which I always say, “open one of everything” and turn the feast into a food-wine … Continue reading
Or as I always say, “Open one of everything!” But here’s my take on the food/wine pairing conundrum for this Thanksgiving, in Sunday’s Washington Post special Food section, with wine recommendations paired to featured recipes. Note the commenter who didn’t … Continue reading
There’s a mini-movement afoot to promote the idea of “drinking local” with Thanksgiving dinner this year. On one hand, Tyler Colman, who blogs as Dr. Vino, takes a political and eco-activist stand and urges us to eschew Beaujolais Nouveau for … Continue reading