- RT @CatenaMalbec: "Argentina has more to be proud of than just malbec"- @dmwine on Mendoza's High Altitude Chard: ow.ly/D1IeNTweeted 1 day ago
- RT @randyfuller1: Explore a new #wine grape with your next bottle! ow.ly/D5PdE Hear the Now And Zin Wine Report. #audio #podcastTweeted 1 day ago
- RT @trumpwinery: Listening to the amazing Ray Isle speaking about the benefits about eating and drinking local. #vawinesummit #vawine http:…Tweeted 3 days ago
- Waiting to discuss #VAWine dark horse grape varieties with @lindamurphywine at #vawinesummitTweeted 3 days ago
- The dump buckets are here! #vawinesummit #VAWineTweeted 3 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Fifty Years of American Winemaking, All in One Hour on October 29
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Drink Local Wine Week: The Importance of Vintage. Or Not.
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Hirsch Vineyards: Pinot Noir along the extreme Sonoma Coast
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
Tag Archives: Virginia Wine
(In the “Trying to catch up on really good blog material I haven’t had time to post” department … ) Virginia wine has gotten some prominent loving recently from two of DC’s top toques. Robert Wiedmaier, chef-owner of Marcel’s, Brabo, … Continue reading
Virginia wine took a slap in the face Thursday, in this article in The Washington Post. The article described how newly inaugurated Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) is trying to establish good relations with legislators from both parties by hosting daily … Continue reading
Recently I came across my copy of the Summer 2010 issue of Virginia Wine Lover, the enjoyable magazine edited by Patrick Evans-Hylton. Patrick had interviewed me for his “Quaff Quiz” feature, and reading it again I realized a few things. I’ve been … Continue reading
RdV Vineyards has helped raise the national profile of Virginia wine since it offered its first wines for sale two years ago. But vintner Rutger de Vink has always chafed at the marketing side of wine, acknowledging freely that he … Continue reading
Maybe this regional wine thing is for real after all. Virginia Gov. Robert McDonnell announced this week that Virginia wineries sold nearly 485,000 cases of wine in 2012, a new record. Virginia wine sales have risen by an average of … Continue reading
During my interview with Steven Spurrier at the Virginia Wine Summit in Richmond earlier this month, I asked him about his impressions of U.S. wines, 36 years after his famous Paris tasting put California on the world wine map. The … Continue reading