- Are We There Yet? Are We There Yet? (Spring, that is … ) wp.me/pI0YW-wJTweeted 5 days ago
- How much local is too much? wp.me/pI0YW-wGTweeted 1 week ago
- #vawine #mdwine peeps - I'll be on the WaPo Food chat at noon today. Lots last week on local #wine! Pro and con ow.ly/vR8KgTweeted 1 week ago
- And what's up with Clippard? #NatitudeTweeted 1 week ago
- 09 @Barboursville CF Reserve, opened Tuesday, showing beautifully tonight. #vawineTweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Are We There Yet? Are We There Yet? (Spring, that is ... )
- How much local is too much?
- Lessons from the Virginia Governor's Case
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Take that, Virginia wine!
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Wines to Defy Winter's Last Blast
- When You Are the Winemaker
Tag Archives: Virginia Wine
Virginia wine took a slap in the face Thursday, in this article in The Washington Post. The article described how newly inaugurated Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) is trying to establish good relations with legislators from both parties by hosting daily … Continue reading
Recently I came across my copy of the Summer 2010 issue of Virginia Wine Lover, the enjoyable magazine edited by Patrick Evans-Hylton. Patrick had interviewed me for his “Quaff Quiz” feature, and reading it again I realized a few things. I’ve been … Continue reading
RdV Vineyards has helped raise the national profile of Virginia wine since it offered its first wines for sale two years ago. But vintner Rutger de Vink has always chafed at the marketing side of wine, acknowledging freely that he … Continue reading
Maybe this regional wine thing is for real after all. Virginia Gov. Robert McDonnell announced this week that Virginia wineries sold nearly 485,000 cases of wine in 2012, a new record. Virginia wine sales have risen by an average of … Continue reading
During my interview with Steven Spurrier at the Virginia Wine Summit in Richmond earlier this month, I asked him about his impressions of U.S. wines, 36 years after his famous Paris tasting put California on the world wine map. The … Continue reading
Steven Spurrier came to Virginia and liked what he saw — and what he tasted. “Virginia makes the kind of wines I like to drink,” Spurrier said at the inaugural Virginia Wine Summit held in Richmond earlier this month. Coming … Continue reading
Steve and Jean Case threw a grand opening party for their Early Mountain Vineyards winery on Saturday, showcasing their renovated property and their innovative vision for promoting not just their own wines, but Virginia’s best from other producers as well. … Continue reading
Is the Patricia Kluge saga finally over? Let’s hope so, for our sake as well as hers. The New York Post reported Monday that Patricia Kluge is no longer working at the winery she built into the largest in the … Continue reading
I’m thrilled to be taking the local wine message to the Kojo Nnamdi Show on WAMU 88.5 FM today, Wednesday April 18, at 12 noon ET. The Kojo Show is local to the DC radio market, but of course anyone … Continue reading
Author’s note: After I wrote this column for The Washington Post about how local vintners were anxious about the early spring weather, but before it was published, warnings went out about a potential killer frost last weekend along the Piedmont … Continue reading