- RT @CatenaMalbec: "Argentina has more to be proud of than just malbec"- @dmwine on Mendoza's High Altitude Chard: ow.ly/D1IeNTweeted 1 day ago
- RT @randyfuller1: Explore a new #wine grape with your next bottle! ow.ly/D5PdE Hear the Now And Zin Wine Report. #audio #podcastTweeted 1 day ago
- RT @trumpwinery: Listening to the amazing Ray Isle speaking about the benefits about eating and drinking local. #vawinesummit #vawine http:…Tweeted 3 days ago
- Waiting to discuss #VAWine dark horse grape varieties with @lindamurphywine at #vawinesummitTweeted 3 days ago
- The dump buckets are here! #vawinesummit #VAWineTweeted 3 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Fifty Years of American Winemaking, All in One Hour on October 29
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Drink Local Wine Week: The Importance of Vintage. Or Not.
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Hirsch Vineyards: Pinot Noir along the extreme Sonoma Coast
- RdV releases 2009 wines
Tag Archives: Virginia Wine
Steve and Jean Case threw a grand opening party for their Early Mountain Vineyards winery on Saturday, showcasing their renovated property and their innovative vision for promoting not just their own wines, but Virginia’s best from other producers as well. … Continue reading
Is the Patricia Kluge saga finally over? Let’s hope so, for our sake as well as hers. The New York Post reported Monday that Patricia Kluge is no longer working at the winery she built into the largest in the … Continue reading
I’m thrilled to be taking the local wine message to the Kojo Nnamdi Show on WAMU 88.5 FM today, Wednesday April 18, at 12 noon ET. The Kojo Show is local to the DC radio market, but of course anyone … Continue reading
Author’s note: After I wrote this column for The Washington Post about how local vintners were anxious about the early spring weather, but before it was published, warnings went out about a potential killer frost last weekend along the Piedmont … Continue reading
When I meet winemakers, I always want to look at their hands. Winemaking is literally a “hands-on” profession, and I find that the calluses, the stains, the rawness of their hands speaks wonders about their craft. These are the hands … Continue reading
With the Oscars this Sunday, the Virginia wine industry gave out its own top honors in Richmond tonight, with the Governor’s Cup for best wine going to a newcomer – Glen Manor Vineyards, for its 2009 Hodder Hill red blend. … Continue reading
The worst kept secret in Virginia wine is now official: Sweely Estate winery, purchased last summer by Steve and Jean Case of America Online fame, will be renamed Early Mountain Vineyards, with a grand opening scheduled for later this spring. … Continue reading