I donâ€™t normally write unfavorable
reviews, as there are so many good wines out there to bring to your
attention. But this one intrigues me, and right now at least, Iâ€™d hate
for you to spend nearly $20 on it. The aromatics are OK: some earthy
berry fruit and American oak. But the wine is unique to my palate in
that it is 14.8% alcohol and yet tastes underripe.
The palate gives taut, green bean flavors, reedy and quite frankly
unpleasant. However, I keep wanting to taste it again, as there seems to
be potential here, should they be able to tame the alcohol while
bringing out the fruit.
Easy for me to say.
- RT @masnNationals: Baker's back in West Palm Beach, where he trained with the Braves as a player. masn.me/r4al #IBackTheNats httâ¦Tweeted 4 days ago
- RT @masnNationals: TFW you realize spring training starts next week! #IBackTheNats ðâ¾ï¸ð https://t.co/uZZePfPtSSTweeted 1 week ago
- Enjoyed dinner tonight at ALL SET in Silver Spring. Good crab cakes, nice wine list! @allsetDTSS #wine #eatlocalTweeted 1 week ago
- RT @fritzhahn: .@WaPoFood goes to Walmart: Me on house-label 'craft' beer: wapo.st/2kIyCpU @dmwine on $7 95pt house red: https://â¦Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- RT @barbaraslavin1: a week ago, we did not have all these problems...Tweeted 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Sneak Preview Wine: Little James' Basket Press 2010 Viognier-Sauvignon Blanc
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- DC Hails Two New Master Sommeliers
- Catch-Up News: Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard Changes Hands
- Solving the Riedel of Coke
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week #4: Partridge Foot?
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru ClassÃ© of St. Emilion
- An Irish kosher wine from New Zealand?
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?