I donâ€™t normally write unfavorable
reviews, as there are so many good wines out there to bring to your
attention. But this one intrigues me, and right now at least, Iâ€™d hate
for you to spend nearly $20 on it. The aromatics are OK: some earthy
berry fruit and American oak. But the wine is unique to my palate in
that it is 14.8% alcohol and yet tastes underripe.
The palate gives taut, green bean flavors, reedy and quite frankly
unpleasant. However, I keep wanting to taste it again, as there seems to
be potential here, should they be able to tame the alcohol while
bringing out the fruit.
Easy for me to say.
- RT @convivialdc: Find the @GonetMedeville #1ercru by the glass at @convivialdc. Couldn't agree more w/@dmwine. It is exceptional. https://â€¦Tweeted 6 days ago
- RT @TJwinery: Thank you @washingtonpost @dmwine for including our XtraBrut in your selection for the Holidays. Cheers! https://t.co/mZVz9FAâ€¦Tweeted 6 days ago
- @moviolavideo SureTweeted 1 week ago
- RT @Margaux_du_ChM: Article in @washingtonpost by @dmwine about new Managing Director #PhilippeBascaules washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/foodâ€¦Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @FRESHFARMSlvrSp: Grab some willow oak cider (by #countrypleasuresfarm) today @FRESHFARMSlvrSp! @dmwine endorsed! ow.ly/PUHD306JeieTweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Fracchia “Voulet” Malvasia di Casorzo
- WoW: Angulo Innocenti Cabernet Sauvignon, Argentina $20
- #WW Five Champagnes for the Holidays, and Beyond
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- Philippe Sereys de Rothschild Brings Business Savvy and Impish Humor to a Wine Empire
- A Failed Tea Party with Hugh Johnson