I‚€™m a big fan of screwcaps, as you may know from reading Dave McIntyre‚€™s WineLine.
But am I the only one who finds Stelvins frustratingly hard to open?
This most common type of screwcap is attached to the foil by a
perforation that should separate with a good hard twist, but the foil
always turns, too. I‚€™m desperate to get the first sip of wine, but the
darn thing spins under my fist and mocks me with a derision I‚€™ve
seldom suffered since high school. I try gripper pads and pliers to hold
the foil or cap in place; sometimes these tactics work, but usually
not. So I hand the bottle to my wife, who grips the cap with her
super-secret-woman‚€™s grasp and bingo! the damn thing‚€™s open. More derision ensues, but at least now I have some wine to soothe my sense of inadequacy.
- @ndutzan Too many to list in a tweet!Tweeted 9 hours ago
- #wine for visiting California friends last weekend. #drinklocal https://t.co/HVQ5JoUEqCTweeted 2 days ago
- RT @masnNationals: Baker's back in West Palm Beach, where he trained with the Braves as a player. masn.me/r4al #IBackTheNats htt‚Ä¶Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @masnNationals: TFW you realize spring training starts next week! #IBackTheNats ūüĒú‚öĺÔłŹūüėÉ https://t.co/uZZePfPtSSTweeted 1 week ago
- Enjoyed dinner tonight at ALL SET in Silver Spring. Good crab cakes, nice wine list! @allsetDTSS #wine #eatlocalTweeted 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Drinking Local with The Wine Curmudgeon
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- A Chance to Live the Luxury Wine Life in South Africa?
- Relieve Some Pressure: Pop a Cork!
- ##WW More Holiday Bubbly and Some Celebratory Reds
- #TBT: Not All Festive Fizz Comes from You-Know-Where
- A Failed Tea Party with Hugh Johnson
- Philippe Sereys de Rothschild Brings Business Savvy and Impish Humor to a Wine Empire
- Solving the Riedel of Coke
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?