The Two Brothers label burst upon the
value wine scene three years ago, offering a bargain red from Chile with
high quality and a philanthropic reason to buy it – the proceeds go to
breast cancer research. The wine was a tribute by Alex and Eric
Bartholomaus to their mother, Liliana, who succumbed to breast cancer,
and was such an instant success that the brothers have contributed more
than $500,000 to the cause through 2004, with another $250,000 projected
for this year.
Now they expand their line with the delightful 2003 Syrah from
Colchagua Valley in Chile. It is soft and supple, instantly appealing
with blueberry and cherry fruit and the telltale smoky flint of Chile.
It lacks depth, but makes up for it with plenty of charm. Okay, so I’m a
- RT @masnNationals: Baker's back in West Palm Beach, where he trained with the Braves as a player. masn.me/r4al #IBackTheNats htt…Tweeted 4 days ago
- RT @masnNationals: TFW you realize spring training starts next week! #IBackTheNats 🔜⚾️😃 https://t.co/uZZePfPtSSTweeted 1 week ago
- Enjoyed dinner tonight at ALL SET in Silver Spring. Good crab cakes, nice wine list! @allsetDTSS #wine #eatlocalTweeted 1 week ago
- RT @fritzhahn: .@WaPoFood goes to Walmart: Me on house-label 'craft' beer: wapo.st/2kIyCpU @dmwine on $7 95pt house red: https://…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- RT @barbaraslavin1: a week ago, we did not have all these problems...Tweeted 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Sneak Preview Wine: Little James' Basket Press 2010 Viognier-Sauvignon Blanc
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- DC Hails Two New Master Sommeliers
- Catch-Up News: Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard Changes Hands
- Solving the Riedel of Coke
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week #4: Partridge Foot?
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
- An Irish kosher wine from New Zealand?
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?