Well, okay, now I’ve gone and done it! I
don’t know if this counts as a “crossover artist” like some hip-hop star
recording a country song (more like William Shatner recording anything,
perhaps!) but I’m now a magazine restaurant critic. At least for a
Please read my review of David Craig Bethesda,
a new bistro that is bringing a little city cuisine to the suburban
neighborhood of Bethesda, Maryland, just outside Washington. It is in
the March 2006 issue of DC magazine. It’s a
two-star (out of five) rating for a restaurant that has already raised
the standards in its area and shows potential for even greater heights.
I’ve always had great respect for the work restaurant critics put into
their reviews, but actually putting one together gave me an even greater
appreciation. Suddenly I have to pay attention to all sorts of things I
really don’t give a damn about. This was driven home to me when my
editor pointed out that my first draft omitted any description of the
This promises to be a fun ride, and I hope it lasts. My second review
will be in the April issue, and I’m stoking my appetite – and my powers
of observation – for my third victim. I mean, target. Or whatever …
- Two attention-getting gruners and three other lively wines to tryTweeted 2 days ago
- How does a top-rated winery in Maryland get even better? Buy a farm. wpo.st/m5aR2Tweeted 2 days ago
- Yay! 👍 twitter.com/fahrenthold/st…Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @NRCgov: U.S. #reactors with #CreusotForge parts are safe; full list of plants involved available in latest #NRC blog post. https://t.co…Tweeted 1 week ago
- DC's restaurant community lost a champ today in Michael Birchenall, publisher of Foodservice Monthly. #RIP #eatlocal #wineTweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Drinking Local with The Wine Curmudgeon
- A Failed Tea Party with Hugh Johnson
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Thibaut-Janisson Xtra Brut - A New Can't Miss Virginia Sparkler That Most People Will Miss
- A Winning Riesling from ... Rhode Island!
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Worth Reading This Week: Turn it down, already! I've got a headache from all these allergenic additives in my organic wine!
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Inauguration Whine: Me Donner Un Break!