Well, okay, now I’ve gone and done it! I
don’t know if this counts as a “crossover artist” like some hip-hop star
recording a country song (more like William Shatner recording anything,
perhaps!) but I’m now a magazine restaurant critic. At least for a
Please read my review of David Craig Bethesda,
a new bistro that is bringing a little city cuisine to the suburban
neighborhood of Bethesda, Maryland, just outside Washington. It is in
the March 2006 issue of DC magazine. It’s a
two-star (out of five) rating for a restaurant that has already raised
the standards in its area and shows potential for even greater heights.
I’ve always had great respect for the work restaurant critics put into
their reviews, but actually putting one together gave me an even greater
appreciation. Suddenly I have to pay attention to all sorts of things I
really don’t give a damn about. This was driven home to me when my
editor pointed out that my first draft omitted any description of the
This promises to be a fun ride, and I hope it lasts. My second review
will be in the April issue, and I’m stoking my appetite – and my powers
of observation – for my third victim. I mean, target. Or whatever …
- RT @VACommTrade: ICYMI: Great @dmwine @washingtonpost tribute to modern Virginia craft cider industry pioneer @FoggyRidgeCider Diane Flynt.…Tweeted 6 days ago
- @VACommTrade @washingtonpost @FoggyRidgeCider @VAWine @VisitVirginia Thanks, Todd!Tweeted 6 days ago
- @fromartz @WaPoFood As long as there’s good bread, all is fine. 😉Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @FoggyRidgeCider: Thanks to @dmwine for this lovely piece in @washingtonpost on my return to the orchard. Overwhelmed by the kind words…Tweeted 1 week ago
- I ❤️ @LeftFootCharley #wines. So glad to have them in DC area, thanks to @chiefwino twitter.com/michwine/statu…Tweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- The Thanksgiving wine conundrum ...
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Almaviva: Chile's grand opus turns 20
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- A Failed Tea Party with Hugh Johnson
- The resilience of Burgundy
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- Regional Wine at the Obama Inauguration