Well, okay, now I’ve gone and done it! I
don’t know if this counts as a “crossover artist” like some hip-hop star
recording a country song (more like William Shatner recording anything,
perhaps!) but I’m now a magazine restaurant critic. At least for a
Please read my review of David Craig Bethesda,
a new bistro that is bringing a little city cuisine to the suburban
neighborhood of Bethesda, Maryland, just outside Washington. It is in
the March 2006 issue of DC magazine. It’s a
two-star (out of five) rating for a restaurant that has already raised
the standards in its area and shows potential for even greater heights.
I’ve always had great respect for the work restaurant critics put into
their reviews, but actually putting one together gave me an even greater
appreciation. Suddenly I have to pay attention to all sorts of things I
really don’t give a damn about. This was driven home to me when my
editor pointed out that my first draft omitted any description of the
This promises to be a fun ride, and I hope it lasts. My second review
will be in the April issue, and I’m stoking my appetite – and my powers
of observation – for my third victim. I mean, target. Or whatever …
- So much #Zinfandel, so little time! #wine #ZAPTweeted 3 days ago
- RT @DonnafugataWine: “Sometimes a good #wine just needs to get the job done, but with a little added flair. This juicy red blend based on #…Tweeted 6 days ago
- Excitement in Portugal dmwineline.wordpress.com/2018/01/16/exc…Tweeted 1 week ago
- Great Values of 2017 dmwineline.wordpress.com/2018/01/15/gre…Tweeted 1 week ago
- @scobry Too much for a tweet! If your 1st visit, include some history, such as Buena Vista, Mondavi, Inglenook, Sta… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Tweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Excitement in Portugal
- Great Values of 2017
- More on the Loss of Billington Wines
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week #4: Partridge Foot?
- A Failed Tea Party with Hugh Johnson
- Global Warming - Friend or Foe?
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Wednesday wine recommendations, 8/30/2017