The Washington, D.C., suburbs continue to
offer some exciting new dining opportunities. In Silver Spring, Md.,
across the street from the newly restored Silver Theater (home to the
American Film Institute) is Ray’s the Classics, which strikes a cinematic note with its black-and-white decor, champagne and cocktails, and classic steak and seafood dishes.
In Old Town Alexandria, Va., D.C.’s Iron Chef Morou Outtara has opened Farrah Olivia,
where he is challenging diners with sophisticated cuisine based on
flavors of his native West Africa, France and the Middle East.
I hope you’ll enjoy my reviews from DC magazine.
And if you happen to find yourself in Arlington, Va., near Fort Myer,
stop by EatBar for some great bar snacks such as roast olives, mini
burgers, or bacon-wrapped figs.
There’s a great selection of wines by the glass, beers, and cocktails.
If you want a more formal dinner, dine at Tallula next door.
- True dat. twitter.com/bordeauxwines/…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Amazing California Syrah (with a sploosh of Grenache). A “Rhône” style #wine, yes, but with a decidedly delicious C… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- Textbook Bordeaux, with all the right flavors of graphite (pencil), black currant etc etc, but without the stress o… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- I don’t know who Barry is, or why he’d keep a pet moth, but this is one heck of a nice #wine. Deep and rich, with p… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- RT @Raffaldini: Thank you @WineEnthusiast and @dmwine for spreading the word about @NCFineWines! winemag.com/2018/03/07/nor…Tweeted 1 month ago
Top Posts & Pages
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- Dutton Goldfield Riesling - Marin County
- Is Wine Really an Agricultural Product?
- A quick guide to sherry
- Are We There Yet? Are We There Yet? (Spring, that is ... )
- Maxwell Park adds somm pizzazz to DC's wine bar scene
- Wednesday wine recommendations 12/13/2017