The Washington, D.C., suburbs continue to
offer some exciting new dining opportunities. In Silver Spring, Md.,
across the street from the newly restored Silver Theater (home to the
American Film Institute) is Ray’s the Classics, which strikes a cinematic note with its black-and-white decor, champagne and cocktails, and classic steak and seafood dishes.
In Old Town Alexandria, Va., D.C.’s Iron Chef Morou Outtara has opened Farrah Olivia,
where he is challenging diners with sophisticated cuisine based on
flavors of his native West Africa, France and the Middle East.
I hope you’ll enjoy my reviews from DC magazine.
And if you happen to find yourself in Arlington, Va., near Fort Myer,
stop by EatBar for some great bar snacks such as roast olives, mini
burgers, or bacon-wrapped figs.
There’s a great selection of wines by the glass, beers, and cocktails.
If you want a more formal dinner, dine at Tallula next door.
- @ndutzan Too many to list in a tweet!Tweeted 3 days ago
- #wine for visiting California friends last weekend. #drinklocal https://t.co/HVQ5JoUEqCTweeted 5 days ago
- RT @masnNationals: Baker's back in West Palm Beach, where he trained with the Braves as a player. masn.me/r4al #IBackTheNats htt…Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @masnNationals: TFW you realize spring training starts next week! #IBackTheNats 🔜⚾️😃 https://t.co/uZZePfPtSSTweeted 2 weeks ago
- Enjoyed dinner tonight at ALL SET in Silver Spring. Good crab cakes, nice wine list! @allsetDTSS #wine #eatlocalTweeted 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Choosing a "house wine" - what are your criteria?
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- Barboursville Earns Top Bling for 2009 Octagon
- #TBT: Not All Festive Fizz Comes from You-Know-Where
- Philippe Sereys de Rothschild Brings Business Savvy and Impish Humor to a Wine Empire
- Solving the Riedel of Coke