The Washington, D.C., suburbs continue to
offer some exciting new dining opportunities. In Silver Spring, Md.,
across the street from the newly restored Silver Theater (home to the
American Film Institute) is Ray’s the Classics, which strikes a cinematic note with its black-and-white decor, champagne and cocktails, and classic steak and seafood dishes.
In Old Town Alexandria, Va., D.C.’s Iron Chef Morou Outtara has opened Farrah Olivia,
where he is challenging diners with sophisticated cuisine based on
flavors of his native West Africa, France and the Middle East.
I hope you’ll enjoy my reviews from DC magazine.
And if you happen to find yourself in Arlington, Va., near Fort Myer,
stop by EatBar for some great bar snacks such as roast olives, mini
burgers, or bacon-wrapped figs.
There’s a great selection of wines by the glass, beers, and cocktails.
If you want a more formal dinner, dine at Tallula next door.
- RT @Raffaldini: Thank you @WineEnthusiast and @dmwine for spreading the word about @NCFineWines! winemag.com/2018/03/07/nor…Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @jncorcoran1: An exciting new Virginia wine is ripe for the tasting wapo.st/2p0bK84?tid=ss… by @dmwineTweeted 1 week ago
- RT @jncorcoran1: A veteran winemaker throws out the wine-selling playbook wapo.st/2Igy3iI?tid=ss… by @dmwineTweeted 1 week ago
- He’s definitely trying to do something different! #wine twitter.com/tonicmarketing…Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @patlee: Great to see the @washingtonpost write up on @adampinot and Clarice Wine Company by @dmwine. Adam is trying something complet…Tweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Excitement in Portugal
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Is Wine Really an Agricultural Product?
- Rosa Regale Brachetto d'Acqui - a Great Chocolate Wine
- AOL Founder Seeks to Buy Virginia Winery
- Italy's Three Kings
- Wednesday wine recommendations, 7/26/2017
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- The RdV Salon Experience