Wine writers would have you thinking that
drinking red wines in summer is a major faux pas. This would be the
season for crisp refreshing whites and rosés and nothing else. Well, I
agree that those wines are great for summer, but as Kermit Lynch says
(paraphrased), “Never a white without a red to follow, never a red
without a white before it.” Summer foods – such as burgers or steaks on
the grill – call out for reds.
My August column in the Washingtonian magazine explores some good summer reds. I hope you enjoy it!
- This was great fun tasting the’15s! #wine twitter.com/heartsdelight/…Tweeted 4 days ago
- @cjsadler0 Or egg whites.Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Interesting #wine certification. #vegan https://t.co/nf5fFojGPMTweeted 2 weeks ago
- More on Portugal dmwineline.wordpress.com/2018/06/06/mor… https://t.co/E71Ey2oYusTweeted 2 weeks ago
- In Vino Veritas dmwineline.wordpress.com/2018/06/04/in-…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- The Recession Claims Billington
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Virginia, Maryland impress the California judges
- Defining terroir with technology
- Christmas in Vienna
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Almaviva: Chile's grand opus turns 20