Wine writers would have you thinking that
drinking red wines in summer is a major faux pas. This would be the
season for crisp refreshing whites and rosés and nothing else. Well, I
agree that those wines are great for summer, but as Kermit Lynch says
(paraphrased), “Never a white without a red to follow, never a red
without a white before it.” Summer foods – such as burgers or steaks on
the grill – call out for reds.
My August column in the Washingtonian magazine explores some good summer reds. I hope you enjoy it!
- RT @Raffaldini: Thank you @WineEnthusiast and @dmwine for spreading the word about @NCFineWines! winemag.com/2018/03/07/nor…Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @jncorcoran1: An exciting new Virginia wine is ripe for the tasting wapo.st/2p0bK84?tid=ss… by @dmwineTweeted 1 week ago
- RT @jncorcoran1: A veteran winemaker throws out the wine-selling playbook wapo.st/2Igy3iI?tid=ss… by @dmwineTweeted 1 week ago
- He’s definitely trying to do something different! #wine twitter.com/tonicmarketing…Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @patlee: Great to see the @washingtonpost write up on @adampinot and Clarice Wine Company by @dmwine. Adam is trying something complet…Tweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Excitement in Portugal
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Is Wine Really an Agricultural Product?
- Rosa Regale Brachetto d'Acqui - a Great Chocolate Wine
- AOL Founder Seeks to Buy Virginia Winery
- Italy's Three Kings
- Wednesday wine recommendations, 7/26/2017
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- The RdV Salon Experience