Wine writers would have you thinking that
drinking red wines in summer is a major faux pas. This would be the
season for crisp refreshing whites and rosés and nothing else. Well, I
agree that those wines are great for summer, but as Kermit Lynch says
(paraphrased), “Never a white without a red to follow, never a red
without a white before it.” Summer foods – such as burgers or steaks on
the grill – call out for reds.
My August column in the Washingtonian magazine explores some good summer reds. I hope you enjoy it!
- So much #Zinfandel, so little time! #wine #ZAPTweeted 2 days ago
- RT @DonnafugataWine: “Sometimes a good #wine just needs to get the job done, but with a little added flair. This juicy red blend based on #…Tweeted 5 days ago
- Excitement in Portugal dmwineline.wordpress.com/2018/01/16/exc…Tweeted 6 days ago
- Great Values of 2017 dmwineline.wordpress.com/2018/01/15/gre…Tweeted 1 week ago
- @scobry Too much for a tweet! If your 1st visit, include some history, such as Buena Vista, Mondavi, Inglenook, Sta… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Tweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Excitement in Portugal
- Great Values of 2017
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Is Wine Really an Agricultural Product?
- Wednesday wine recommendations, 8/23/2017
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Wednesday wine recommendations, 8/30/2017
- More on the Loss of Billington Wines