Like many DC wine lovers, I eagerly awaited the opening of Proof
restaurant in the Penn Quarter district, with its avowed emphasis on
wines. More than 30 selections by the glass, a reserve list based on the
owners personal collection of the best and most exclusive wines of the
world – all this seemed too good to be true for the vinoscenti of DC.
However, I was dismayed to find on my first visit that the list featured
a mass-produced Viognier from California, despite the number of
outstanding examples of that grape from nearby Virginia. My first
impression is online at Washingtonian.com’s Best Bites blog.
- Lenn Thompson goes local - as he always does. #wine #drinklocal twitter.com/nywinecountry/…Tweeted 8 hours ago
- RT @Vino101net: World's best place to buy #Italian #wine washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food… @dmwineTweeted 10 hours ago
- @VerizonSupport Rented Fences on FiOs on demand; it kept crashing, and always at the plot turns! Frustrating experience.Tweeted 1 week ago
- Laugh out loud funny. twitter.com/nealmartin/sta…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- @ndutzan Too many to list in a tweet!Tweeted 1 month ago
Top Posts & Pages