As summer winds down, thereâ€™s still
time to find new, interesting white wines for patio dining. Never a
white without a red to follow, never a red without a white before it.
Why settle for the same old, same old?
Saint AndrÃ© de FiguiÃ¨re â€œCuvÃ©e Valerieâ€ CÃ´tes de Provence 2006
evokes the south of France with its sunny, rejuvenating acidity and
slight, enticingly herbaceous flavor. The blend is unconventional: 60
percent Ugni Blanc, 25 percent Rolle (the French name for Vermentino),
and 15 percent Semillon, which gives it some body. Enjoy it by itself,
with patio finger food (olives, cheese, chips and dip), or grilled
Imported by the Country Vintner and available in the D.C. area for
$14 at The Vineyard, 1445 Laughlin Ave., McLean, Va.; 703-288-2970. www.thevineyardva.com
- RT @masnNationals: Baker's back in West Palm Beach, where he trained with the Braves as a player. masn.me/r4al #IBackTheNats httâ¦Tweeted 4 days ago
- RT @masnNationals: TFW you realize spring training starts next week! #IBackTheNats ðâ¾ï¸ð https://t.co/uZZePfPtSSTweeted 1 week ago
- Enjoyed dinner tonight at ALL SET in Silver Spring. Good crab cakes, nice wine list! @allsetDTSS #wine #eatlocalTweeted 1 week ago
- RT @fritzhahn: .@WaPoFood goes to Walmart: Me on house-label 'craft' beer: wapo.st/2kIyCpU @dmwine on $7 95pt house red: https://â¦Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- RT @barbaraslavin1: a week ago, we did not have all these problems...Tweeted 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Sneak Preview Wine: Little James' Basket Press 2010 Viognier-Sauvignon Blanc
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- DC Hails Two New Master Sommeliers
- Catch-Up News: Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard Changes Hands
- Solving the Riedel of Coke
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week #4: Partridge Foot?
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru ClassÃ© of St. Emilion
- An Irish kosher wine from New Zealand?
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?