As summer winds down, thereâ€™s still
time to find new, interesting white wines for patio dining. Never a
white without a red to follow, never a red without a white before it.
Why settle for the same old, same old?
Saint AndrĂ© de FiguiĂ¨re â€œCuvĂ©e Valerieâ€ CĂ´tes de Provence 2006
evokes the south of France with its sunny, rejuvenating acidity and
slight, enticingly herbaceous flavor. The blend is unconventional: 60
percent Ugni Blanc, 25 percent Rolle (the French name for Vermentino),
and 15 percent Semillon, which gives it some body. Enjoy it by itself,
with patio finger food (olives, cheese, chips and dip), or grilled
Imported by the Country Vintner and available in the D.C. area for
$14 at The Vineyard, 1445 Laughlin Ave., McLean, Va.; 703-288-2970. www.thevineyardva.com
- RT @LauraCatena: Yes! we love the connection with France where our beloved Malbec and our Rothschild partners come from - SantĂ©! đźŤ·@dmwine @â€¦Tweeted 2 days ago
- RT @DCPEST: In Chincoteague, when @dmwine says buy 2015 French wine, we buy 2015 French wine. But probably will check out some local wineriâ€¦Tweeted 5 days ago
- RT @RaventosiBlanc: "Raventos i Blanc is trying to elevate Spanish bubbly to the level of champagne" @dmwine at @washingtonpost https://tâ€¦Tweeted 5 days ago
- 5 wines to try: Scintillating, electric, lovely, sparkling, tasty #wine #winelover washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/foodâ€¦Tweeted 5 days ago
- A 3-point plan for choosing #wine you really want to drink washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/foodâ€¦Tweeted 5 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Wednesday wine recommendations, 8/9/2017
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Regional Wine at the Obama Inauguration
- Italy's Three Kings
- Worth Reading This Week: Turn it down, already! I've got a headache from all these allergenic additives in my organic wine!
- Drouhin, at home and abroad
- Almaviva: Chile's grand opus turns 20