Dear Friends –
The holidays, when we gather with friends and family to celebrate good
times in the year just past and fresh hopes for the year to come, are
made for sparkling wine. If you live in the DC region, I hope you saw my
Washingtonian column on US sparkling wines in the December issue. (If
not, I’ll be sending an expanded version of that as the next WineLine.)
Please visit dmwineline.com
for my latest WineLine #62, in which I report on my harvest visit to
Champagne and reveal a surprisingly earthy way the growers know when to
pick the grapes. And it has nothing to do with brix.
Cheers, and all the best for the holidays and a wonderful 2008!
- Me and Jake Gyllenhaal. Go figure. #separatedatbirth. #wine #vawine #mdwine #drinklocal podcastone.com/capital-cultureTweeted 3 days ago
- 1st time I've been in a tweet with #JakeGyllenhaal! twitter.com/capitalculture…Tweeted 3 days ago
- #VaWineChat @DrinkWhatULike "Relative value" may be a problem at these prices.Tweeted 4 days ago
- 2/2 #VaWineChat @DrinkWhatULike Estate shows control and care by the winemakers. Not necessarily a sign of quality. #wine #vawineTweeted 4 days ago
- @DrinkWhatULike #VaWineChat Estate is implrtant but not definitive. A good winemaker will find great grape sources. 1/2Tweeted 4 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Wednesday wine recommendations, 8/30/2017
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Chatting up the best and worst of cheap wines
- Is Wine Really an Agricultural Product?
- Pollak Vineyards - A New Star in Virginia
- Stealth Wines, and the New American Negociant
- La Vida Local: An interview with Christina Findley of The Bottle Shop
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Lots of excitement in Chile and Argentina