This is a question that can probably be asked wherever fine wines are made. In fact, it WAS raised last year in the San Francisco Chronicle,
which reported complaints by North Coast vintners about restaurants
that touted their local meats and produce but filled their lists with
imported wines. Todd Kliman took the debate national this summer with
his essay, “The Locavore Wine Hypocrisy,” on thedailybeast.com. In today’s Washington Post Food section,
I look deeper into the question, and find some intriguing arguments on
both sides to explain the problem. I also discover some area restaurants
that are making the commitment to feature the local vino.
- Explore #Sherrylove with @redeyemenus! #CraneinSpain #wine #winelover. Confirmed: Sherry makes food taste better wpo.st/b2IT0Tweeted 11 hours ago
- Catching up @boxwoodwinery #vawine. ourlocalcommons's photo instagram.com/p/55SQlrkFzi/Tweeted 1 day ago
- @rachelboxwood We had a great time, and loved meeting Luna!Tweeted 1 day ago
- RIP Jim Stutsman, 1940-2015. Musician, gourmand, raconteur, friend. A champion of local #wine and food. #vawine ow.ly/i/c8OdvTweeted 2 days ago
- RT @bradwjackson: Podcast version of today's Coffee and Markets on @1590WCGO with @lagunitasbeer, @Neal_Dewing and @dmwine http://t.co/I6mz…Tweeted 3 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- The Mother Vine: Regional Wine's Origin in the OBX
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Virginia, Maryland impress the California judges
- Hirsch Vineyards: Pinot Noir along the extreme Sonoma Coast
- Peter Chang, Kung Fu Master of Sichuan Cuisine
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week #4: Partridge Foot?