DLW11 Is underway in St Louis. We started today with a discussion of how
wineries can use social media like Facebook, Twitter and blogs to
connect with consumers on their own terms, without going through the
choke point of the winestream media.
Then we had a mini Twitter Tasteoff, as a preview for tomorrow. The
three wines represented the three annual conferences DrinkLocalWine.com
has produced – the Becker 2009 Viognier from Texas represented our debut
conference, the Boordy 2007 Merlot from Maryland reminded us of last
year’s focus on the Mid-Atlantic, and the Stone Hill Estate 2007 Norton
did this year’s host state proud.
Tomorrow there will be more talking, of course — it’s a conference,
after all. But the highlight will be the afternoon’s Twitter Tasteoff,
with 21 Missouri wineries pouring two wines each. We expect about 100
people will join in the fun on person. Y
If you can’t be here, you can follow along on Twitter at #DLWMO or
As in, “Gimme MOWINE!”
- True dat. twitter.com/bordeauxwines/…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Amazing California Syrah (with a sploosh of Grenache). A “Rhône” style #wine, yes, but with a decidedly delicious C… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- Textbook Bordeaux, with all the right flavors of graphite (pencil), black currant etc etc, but without the stress o… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- I don’t know who Barry is, or why he’d keep a pet moth, but this is one heck of a nice #wine. Deep and rich, with p… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- RT @Raffaldini: Thank you @WineEnthusiast and @dmwine for spreading the word about @NCFineWines! winemag.com/2018/03/07/nor…Tweeted 1 month ago
Top Posts & Pages
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- Dutton Goldfield Riesling - Marin County
- Is Wine Really an Agricultural Product?
- A quick guide to sherry
- Are We There Yet? Are We There Yet? (Spring, that is ... )
- Maxwell Park adds somm pizzazz to DC's wine bar scene
- Wednesday wine recommendations 12/13/2017