DLW11 Is underway in St Louis. We started today with a discussion of how
wineries can use social media like Facebook, Twitter and blogs to
connect with consumers on their own terms, without going through the
choke point of the winestream media.
Then we had a mini Twitter Tasteoff, as a preview for tomorrow. The
three wines represented the three annual conferences DrinkLocalWine.com
has produced – the Becker 2009 Viognier from Texas represented our debut
conference, the Boordy 2007 Merlot from Maryland reminded us of last
year’s focus on the Mid-Atlantic, and the Stone Hill Estate 2007 Norton
did this year’s host state proud.
Tomorrow there will be more talking, of course — it’s a conference,
after all. But the highlight will be the afternoon’s Twitter Tasteoff,
with 21 Missouri wineries pouring two wines each. We expect about 100
people will join in the fun on person. Y
If you can’t be here, you can follow along on Twitter at #DLWMO or
As in, “Gimme MOWINE!”
- RT @Virginia_Made: Why, yes Virginia, there is a Sparkling Norton. @Casanel Vineyard's Red Spark @dmwine @TheVAGrape @WineAboutVa @vawine…Tweeted 15 hours ago
- RT @itswinebyme: Happy 40th Joel Peterson and @ravenswoodwine! Who knew his first target market was DC!Thanks @dmwine for the intel! https:…Tweeted 1 day ago
- RT @ArrowineInc: If you combine "wine" with "dinner", the new word is "winner".Tweeted 3 days ago
- Thanks, Ray! twitter.com/islewine/statu…Tweeted 6 days ago
- The #Nationals manager compares his #wine and #baseball seasons. washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food…Tweeted 6 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Choosing a "house wine" - what are your criteria?
- Bordeaux tries to recapture the imagination of U.S. wine lovers
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Philippe Sereys de Rothschild Brings Business Savvy and Impish Humor to a Wine Empire
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- The Recession Claims Billington
- Wine's changing demographics: An interview with Ed Sands of Calvert Woodley