DLW11 Is underway in St Louis. We started today with a discussion of how
wineries can use social media like Facebook, Twitter and blogs to
connect with consumers on their own terms, without going through the
choke point of the winestream media.
Then we had a mini Twitter Tasteoff, as a preview for tomorrow. The
three wines represented the three annual conferences DrinkLocalWine.com
has produced – the Becker 2009 Viognier from Texas represented our debut
conference, the Boordy 2007 Merlot from Maryland reminded us of last
year’s focus on the Mid-Atlantic, and the Stone Hill Estate 2007 Norton
did this year’s host state proud.
Tomorrow there will be more talking, of course — it’s a conference,
after all. But the highlight will be the afternoon’s Twitter Tasteoff,
with 21 Missouri wineries pouring two wines each. We expect about 100
people will join in the fun on person. Y
If you can’t be here, you can follow along on Twitter at #DLWMO or
As in, “Gimme MOWINE!”
- @ndutzan Too many to list in a tweet!Tweeted 3 days ago
- #wine for visiting California friends last weekend. #drinklocal https://t.co/HVQ5JoUEqCTweeted 5 days ago
- RT @masnNationals: Baker's back in West Palm Beach, where he trained with the Braves as a player. masn.me/r4al #IBackTheNats htt…Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @masnNationals: TFW you realize spring training starts next week! #IBackTheNats 🔜⚾️😃 https://t.co/uZZePfPtSSTweeted 2 weeks ago
- Enjoyed dinner tonight at ALL SET in Silver Spring. Good crab cakes, nice wine list! @allsetDTSS #wine #eatlocalTweeted 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Choosing a "house wine" - what are your criteria?
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- Barboursville Earns Top Bling for 2009 Octagon
- #TBT: Not All Festive Fizz Comes from You-Know-Where
- Philippe Sereys de Rothschild Brings Business Savvy and Impish Humor to a Wine Empire
- Solving the Riedel of Coke