DLW11 Is underway in St Louis. We started today with a discussion of how
wineries can use social media like Facebook, Twitter and blogs to
connect with consumers on their own terms, without going through the
choke point of the winestream media.
Then we had a mini Twitter Tasteoff, as a preview for tomorrow. The
three wines represented the three annual conferences DrinkLocalWine.com
has produced – the Becker 2009 Viognier from Texas represented our debut
conference, the Boordy 2007 Merlot from Maryland reminded us of last
year’s focus on the Mid-Atlantic, and the Stone Hill Estate 2007 Norton
did this year’s host state proud.
Tomorrow there will be more talking, of course — it’s a conference,
after all. But the highlight will be the afternoon’s Twitter Tasteoff,
with 21 Missouri wineries pouring two wines each. We expect about 100
people will join in the fun on person. Y
If you can’t be here, you can follow along on Twitter at #DLWMO or
As in, “Gimme MOWINE!”
- @BurgerInfo That "connection" is more tenuous than one of Trump's conspiracy theories. To my knowledge, Rolland is no longer involved.Tweeted 1 week ago
- It will be a few years before we taste the treasure in these soils. instagram.com/p/BS5-gpXAf74/Tweeted 1 week ago
- @DrinkWhatULike #VaWineChat Our usual drivers may be on vacay. 😜Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- My #vawinechat lineup. But I'm with you in spirit. https://t.co/wkQYwAljKeTweeted 2 weeks ago
- Good evening #vawinechat Sorry to join late. Enjoyed the EMV - unfortunately the only one I have. 🙃Tweeted 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Vive la France!
- Impressions from Savour Australia 2013
- Wino the Week: Markowitsch Carnuntum Cuvée 2011
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Italy's Three Kings
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Pollak Vineyards - A New Star in Virginia
- Chablis: The Ultimate in Unoaked Chardonnay
- ##WW More Holiday Bubbly and Some Celebratory Reds