My list of my favorite “Great Value” wines of 2017 — posted here yesterday and published earlier this month in The Washington Post — caused a mini stir in Portugal. Or at least, the winery that produces my #3 wine, Confidencial Reserva, jumped at the chance to publicize my writeup. Here’s a clip from Portuguese TV. A few days later, I was contacted by a reporter for the weekly news magazine Sábado, asking to interview me. We disturbed early bird diners at Tavira restaurant in Chevy Chase, Md., for 90 minutes the other evening as we chatted and the photographer took way too many photos of me.
- Somms Offer Romantic Value on V-Day dmwineline.wordpress.com/2019/02/13/som…Tweeted 1 week ago
- An Ode to Sweet Wines dmwineline.wordpress.com/2019/02/12/an-…Tweeted 1 week ago
- An Unconventional Idea for Valentine’s Day Wine dmwineline.wordpress.com/2019/02/11/an-…Tweeted 1 week ago
- @emilynussbaum Or for those of us of a certain age, “Missed it by THAT much!”Tweeted 1 week ago
- @volnay AlbuquerqueTweeted 1 month ago
Top Posts & Pages
- An Ode to Sweet Wines
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
- Wine News
- Somms Offer Romantic Value on V-Day
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Is Wine Really an Agricultural Product?
- Worth Reading This Week: Turn it down, already! I've got a headache from all these allergenic additives in my organic wine!
- A Failed Tea Party with Hugh Johnson
- Great Values of 2017