My list of my favorite “Great Value” wines of 2017 — posted here yesterday and published earlier this month in The Washington Post — caused a mini stir in Portugal. Or at least, the winery that produces my #3 wine, Confidencial Reserva, jumped at the chance to publicize my writeup. Here’s a clip from Portuguese TV. A few days later, I was contacted by a reporter for the weekly news magazine Sábado, asking to interview me. We disturbed early bird diners at Tavira restaurant in Chevy Chase, Md., for 90 minutes the other evening as we chatted and the photographer took way too many photos of me.
- Champagne taste, beer budget. #wine (from 2008) ow.ly/I46d30mY0t9Tweeted 6 days ago
- @airpleinmode Got one coming up! :-)Tweeted 6 days ago
- @jenwgersten @wapo It was a great article, and applicable to wine as well!Tweeted 6 days ago
- Time to rediscover classical music. @jenwgersten tells us why in this brilliant essay in @WaPo Outlook, with a grea… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @jncorcoran1: Books to delight the wine lovers on your gift list wapo.st/2FAZh6p?tid=ss… by @dmwineTweeted 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Christmas in Vienna
- Philippe Sereys de Rothschild Brings Business Savvy and Impish Humor to a Wine Empire
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- Solving the Riedel of Coke
- It's not about the #wine.
- A Failed Tea Party with Hugh Johnson
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Is Wine Really an Agricultural Product?
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion