My list of my favorite “Great Value” wines of 2017 — posted here yesterday and published earlier this month in The Washington Post — caused a mini stir in Portugal. Or at least, the winery that produces my #3 wine, Confidencial Reserva, jumped at the chance to publicize my writeup. Here’s a clip from Portuguese TV. A few days later, I was contacted by a reporter for the weekly news magazine Sábado, asking to interview me. We disturbed early bird diners at Tavira restaurant in Chevy Chase, Md., for 90 minutes the other evening as we chatted and the photographer took way too many photos of me.
- Hey DC #wine fiends: The Rhône Rangers are coming to town! Consumer tasting this Tuesday 3/26 at City Winery for ju… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Tweeted 3 hours ago
- #wine #vawine #duh twitter.com/dmwine/status/…Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- This year’s Virginia Governor’s Cup winner was an emotional, sentimental favorite that neatly intertwined the state… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- @EnlightFundy @jenwgersten @wapo Bust away! I’ve probably said and written many silly - or at least debatable - things over the years!Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- @Vida_Wines Great! Any available in the DMV?Tweeted 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Traditions and Rituals
- Wine News
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- The wild, the exotic. The Donkey, the Goat.
- Retailer Interview: Vanessa Moore of Unwined, in Alexandria, Va.
- Wine Expert? Nature, or Nurture?
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Dutton Goldfield Riesling - Marin County