My list of my favorite “Great Value” wines of 2017 — posted here yesterday and published earlier this month in The Washington Post — caused a mini stir in Portugal. Or at least, the winery that produces my #3 wine, Confidencial Reserva, jumped at the chance to publicize my writeup. Here’s a clip from Portuguese TV. A few days later, I was contacted by a reporter for the weekly news magazine Sábado, asking to interview me. We disturbed early bird diners at Tavira restaurant in Chevy Chase, Md., for 90 minutes the other evening as we chatted and the photographer took way too many photos of me.
- @virtualscott There are not many. Texas is your best bet. Look for McPherson and Pedernales Cellars. #wine #texaswineTweeted 1 hour ago
- Thank you, @pmabray! twitter.com/pmabray/status…Tweeted 2 days ago
- @BeerAndAShot @WaPoFood Thank you! My liver hasn’t given out yet! 😉Tweeted 2 days ago
- RT @jncorcoran1: 5 wines, including a three-star Rhone, that taste much more expensive than they are wapo.st/2PXGByh?tid=ss… by @dmwineTweeted 2 days ago
- Two comments already and both throwing me shit. Why bother? 🙄 Eh, I’ve heard worse.Tweeted 2 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Great Values of 2017
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Book Review: Roy Cloud's "To Burgundy and Back Again"
- Drink Local Wine Week: The Importance of Vintage. Or Not.
- Book Review: Evan Dawson's "Summer in a Glass"
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Drinking Local with The Wine Curmudgeon
- The RdV Salon Experience
- In Vino Veritas