- RT @LauraCatena: Yes! we love the connection with France where our beloved Malbec and our Rothschild partners come from - Santé! 🍷@dmwine @…Tweeted 1 day ago
- RT @DCPEST: In Chincoteague, when @dmwine says buy 2015 French wine, we buy 2015 French wine. But probably will check out some local wineri…Tweeted 4 days ago
- RT @RaventosiBlanc: "Raventos i Blanc is trying to elevate Spanish bubbly to the level of champagne" @dmwine at @washingtonpost https://t…Tweeted 4 days ago
- 5 wines to try: Scintillating, electric, lovely, sparkling, tasty #wine #winelover washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food…Tweeted 4 days ago
- A 3-point plan for choosing #wine you really want to drink washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food…Tweeted 4 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Wednesday wine recommendations, 8/9/2017
- Regional Wine at the Obama Inauguration
- Italy's Three Kings
- Worth Reading This Week: Turn it down, already! I've got a headache from all these allergenic additives in my organic wine!
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Drouhin, at home and abroad
Author Archives: Dave McIntyre
Just when I thought I’d tasted and recommended enough rosé for the season, along come two that get me excited all over to drink pink. After all, when the heat and humidity settle in, what’s better than rosé to help … Continue reading
Yesterday’s post on two wines from the Drouhin family reminded me of this article I wrote last year for The Washington Post, after visiting Frédéric Drouhin at the family caves in Beaune. I’ve never posted it here before, so ICYMI. Drouhin … Continue reading
When entertaining friends who don’t spend an inordinate amount of their time thinking, drinking and writing about wine, I’m sometimes peppered with questions: How did you get into writing about wine? What do you look for in a wine? What … Continue reading
Here are some more wines for summer: An enjoyable sparkler to get the party started, two rosés to help set the patio mood, and a substantial red to wash down those hefty meats off your grill. Le Clos des … Continue reading
Grgich Hills Estate celebrated its 40th anniversary this weekend. The winery was established by Mike Grgich and Austin Hills in 1977, and was Grgich’s breakout after the Judgment of Paris in 1976. That was the famous tasting in which the … Continue reading
Okay, so it’s actually Thursday, and deadlines and baseball intervened. But here are some wine recommendations to help you slake your summer thirst. Rosé of course, including a top-notch Sancerre and a fun one from Italy, plus three delicious whites – … Continue reading
Almaviva is now 20 years old. This is the joint venture between Viña Concha y Toro, one of Chile’s largest wine companies, and Baron Philippe de Rothschild SA, the parent company of Chateau Mouton-Rothschild in Bordeaux. Almaviva was launched in … Continue reading