- Wednesday wine recommendations, 7/19/2017 dmwineline.wordpress.com/2017/07/19/wed…Tweeted 1 day ago
- Wine trivia #1 – What family is this? dmwineline.wordpress.com/2017/07/18/win… https://t.co/ubVBNMI33ATweeted 2 days ago
- Maxwell Park adds somm pizzazz to DC’s wine bar scene dmwineline.wordpress.com/2017/07/17/max… https://t.co/beZ7DM0QclTweeted 3 days ago
- Rejuvenating WineLine dmwineline.wordpress.com/2017/07/16/rej… https://t.co/tMgMDchrS4Tweeted 4 days ago
- No better way to leave Chile than sampling small producer wines at the fine Vinum #wine bar near my gate. Viva Chil… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Tweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Wednesday wine recommendations, 7/19/2017
- Wine trivia #1 - What family is this?
- Rejuvenating WineLine
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Maxwell Park adds somm pizzazz to DC's wine bar scene
- Chardonnay - Yes, Chardonnay! - for Summer ...
- Real Men DO Drink Pink, Nigella!
- A Sauvignon World
- Worth Reading This Week: Turn it down, already! I've got a headache from all these allergenic additives in my organic wine!
Category Archives: Bargain Wines
The weather is unusually pleasant for mid-summer this week in the Washington area, leaving me thinking of warm days and cooler nights, those wonderful “diurnal swings” that supposedly contribute to well-balanced wine. But since the 2014 Virginia and Maryland wines … Continue reading
Here are a few recommendations from my January 1 Washington Post column, including one of the best red wines I’ve tasted from Austria. I had the pleasure of visiting Franz Netzl and his family in December 2012 in Göttlesbrunn, in Carnuntum, just … Continue reading
Some readers who do not regularly have a chance to read The Washington Post’s Wednesday Food section have asked me to post my columns and wine recommendations here more regularly. So I will try to do that in some form … Continue reading
Regular readers of this blog know my buddy, Jeff Siegel, aka The Wine Curmudgeon. We are co-founders of DrinkLocalWine.com, the website that became a movement (or at least anticipated one). Jeff is the Eugene Debs of wine consumers, always championing … Continue reading
This is the second in my monthly series of interviews with wine retailers throughout the D-M-V. Christina Findley opened The Bottle Shop just over two years ago in the Potomac Woods Plaza shopping center off Seven Locks Road in Rockville. … Continue reading
This Wine of the Week is a real “WoW”! The Lello Tinto 2009 from Portugal’s magnificent Douro Valley is the best Douro wine I’ve tasted under $10. The 2009 is better even that previous vintages. If price has kept you … Continue reading
Here’s what’s up this week in wine: Wine Enthusiast has discovered that Virginia is for Wine Lovers. The magazine has anointed the Old Dominion as one of the 10 best wine regions in the world to visit. Quite a coup, … Continue reading