- RT @DougHeye: Great @dmwine piece of Robert Mondavi washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food…Tweeted 1 day ago
- Somebody please fix Jake Tapper’s collar! #cnnTweeted 2 days ago
- Thank you! twitter.com/dougheye/statu…Tweeted 2 days ago
- RT @ReverseWineSnob: RT @alawine: How to tell time... RT @ReverseWineSnob: #wine #winelover https://t.co/sggmvcz0YMTweeted 4 days ago
- Except of course, it's not Falkenberg. #delectablefail twitter.com/dmwine/status/…Tweeted 4 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Worth Reading: The Atlantic discovers ... the Atlantic
- Reader Poll: What's in a Wine Label?
- Philippe Sereys de Rothschild Brings Business Savvy and Impish Humor to a Wine Empire
Category Archives: Bordeaux
Bordeaux is transforming itself. Change was widely on display during Vinexpo, the biennial trade fair held this month at the city’s Parc des Expositions with satellite parties at chateaux throughout the Left and Right Banks. The visible changes were magnificent … Continue reading
Exorbitant prices for the top chateaux give a false impression that Bordeaux is out of reach for most wine consumers. But most Bordeaux is actually priced more down to earth and can be a terrific value, especially in strong vintages … Continue reading
My Washington Post column last week, which I posted here yesterday, generated considerable comment on the web and in emails back to me. Steve Heimoff, Wine Enthusiast’s California reviewer, took issue on his blog with the thought that Bordeaux could ever appeal to U.S. … Continue reading
My Washington Post column last week on an effort by a young Bordeaux negociant to promote the region’s wines to New York sommeliers generated considerable comment, much of it anti-Bordeaux. For those of you who didn’t see it, here’s the … Continue reading
Worth Reading This Week: FBI arrests alleged fraudster; White House fails to keep dinner wine list secret
Some recent items of interest from the Wine-o-sphere: The FBI last week arrested flamboyant wine collector Rudy Kurniawan for wine fraud. It’s the first time the Bureau has taken wine counterfeiting so seriously. Mike Steinberger has some detailed analysis on … Continue reading
A visiting friend has kept me busy this weekend, but here’s a late roundup of (last) week’s wine writings worth weading: What happens when a Californian wine writer with a sharp palate and an open mind visits Virginia? You get … Continue reading