- @BurgerInfo That "connection" is more tenuous than one of Trump's conspiracy theories. To my knowledge, Rolland is no longer involved.Tweeted 1 week ago
- It will be a few years before we taste the treasure in these soils. instagram.com/p/BS5-gpXAf74/Tweeted 1 week ago
- @DrinkWhatULike #VaWineChat Our usual drivers may be on vacay. 😜Tweeted 1 week ago
- My #vawinechat lineup. But I'm with you in spirit. https://t.co/wkQYwAljKeTweeted 1 week ago
- Good evening #vawinechat Sorry to join late. Enjoyed the EMV - unfortunately the only one I have. 🙃Tweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Bordeaux tries to recapture the imagination of U.S. wine lovers
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Ooh La La! French Wine Scandal Expands to U.S.
- The Recession Claims Billington
- Cheap wine? Or snake oil?
- Argentina beyond malbec
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- How long will sherry remain wine's best kept secret?
Category Archives: Bordeaux
Bordeaux is transforming itself. Change was widely on display during Vinexpo, the biennial trade fair held this month at the city’s Parc des Expositions with satellite parties at chateaux throughout the Left and Right Banks. The visible changes were magnificent … Continue reading
Exorbitant prices for the top chateaux give a false impression that Bordeaux is out of reach for most wine consumers. But most Bordeaux is actually priced more down to earth and can be a terrific value, especially in strong vintages … Continue reading
My Washington Post column last week, which I posted here yesterday, generated considerable comment on the web and in emails back to me. Steve Heimoff, Wine Enthusiast’s California reviewer, took issue on his blog with the thought that Bordeaux could ever appeal to U.S. … Continue reading
My Washington Post column last week on an effort by a young Bordeaux negociant to promote the region’s wines to New York sommeliers generated considerable comment, much of it anti-Bordeaux. For those of you who didn’t see it, here’s the … Continue reading
Worth Reading This Week: FBI arrests alleged fraudster; White House fails to keep dinner wine list secret
Some recent items of interest from the Wine-o-sphere: The FBI last week arrested flamboyant wine collector Rudy Kurniawan for wine fraud. It’s the first time the Bureau has taken wine counterfeiting so seriously. Mike Steinberger has some detailed analysis on … Continue reading
A visiting friend has kept me busy this weekend, but here’s a late roundup of (last) week’s wine writings worth weading: What happens when a Californian wine writer with a sharp palate and an open mind visits Virginia? You get … Continue reading