- Check out this Wine from Vinum. I'm giving it 3 of 5 stars with the @Vivino app: vivino.com/s/553d2660b7d3cTweeted 1 day ago
- Just posted a wine del.ec/cv4fQOwTweeted 1 day ago
- 2013 Cartology Chenin from @bollewbroadbent. This is stunningly good old vines wine. del.ec/V9UxQTweeted 2 days ago
- Exploring and restoring California's old vines. #wine ow.ly/M6WyuTweeted 2 days ago
- Check out this great Wine from Alheit. I'm giving it 5 of 5 stars with the @Vivino app: vivino.com/s/553ae8270e8ffTweeted 3 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week: Champagne Lenoble, Cuvée Intense
- Drinking Local with The Wine Curmudgeon
- Drink Local Wine Week: The Importance of Vintage. Or Not.
- Hirsch Vineyards: Pinot Noir along the extreme Sonoma Coast
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- Worth reading this week: Yao Ming, ego-shaped fermentation tanks, and the RdV backlash
Category Archives: Champagne
Opening a bottle of Champagne relieves pressure — both on the bottle and on the drinker. Those bubbles that mark life’s celebrations are really mood-altering drugs. Continue reading
In the spirit of “Wine Wednesday,” here are recommendations for some fine bubbly and two delicious red wines to help celebrate the holidays. These were published December 10 in The Washington Post, with lists of stores in the DMV that carry … Continue reading
To call other sparkling wines “champagne” is unfair, not only to champagne producers, which try to protect the brand, but also to the wide range of bubblies from around the world that have their own character and identity. Continue reading
Champagne is expensive — usually from $30 a bottle on up. The best values tend to kick in around the $40-$50 range. That’s another reason to treat them like fine wine and savor them out of a decent glass. Here … Continue reading
A new glass promises to help us enjoy Champagne to the utmost.
Claude Thibaut, the man who helped legitimize Virginia wine for restaurant sommeliers, today released a new cuvée called Thibaut-Janisson Xtra Brut. Like his popular Blanc de Chardonnay, the Xtra Brut is 100 percent Chardonnay grown in the Monticello AVA near … Continue reading