- @broksas Always bubbles! #wineTweeted 3 days ago
- RT @DrncPno: Why the U.S. market is so important to Bordeaux winemakers wpo.st/gkSO0 via @dmwineTweeted 3 days ago
- Philippe Sereys de Rothschild Brings Business Savvy and Impish Humor to a Wine Empire dmwineline.wordpress.com/2015/06/29/phi… http://t.co/cVJDxDAidQTweeted 3 days ago
- Oh Drew. Lose the beard. Strasbourg has the right idea. #NatitudeTweeted 6 days ago
- Primed for São João festivities in Porto. #wine ow.ly/i/bsoOm ow.ly/i/bsoVhTweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Philippe Sereys de Rothschild Brings Business Savvy and Impish Humor to a Wine Empire
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- Catch-Up News: Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard Changes Hands
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Millennials and Wine: Revolution or Evolution?
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week: Champagne Lenoble, Cuvée Intense
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Toast Chinese New Year with sherry
Category Archives: Cheap Wine
The weather is unusually pleasant for mid-summer this week in the Washington area, leaving me thinking of warm days and cooler nights, those wonderful “diurnal swings” that supposedly contribute to well-balanced wine. But since the 2014 Virginia and Maryland wines … Continue reading
Regular readers of this blog know my buddy, Jeff Siegel, aka The Wine Curmudgeon. We are co-founders of DrinkLocalWine.com, the website that became a movement (or at least anticipated one). Jeff is the Eugene Debs of wine consumers, always championing … Continue reading
Do you feel overwhelmed when shopping for wine? The sheer magnitude of choices is daunting. There are wallabies and penguins and rabbits, oh my! Do you prefer to go Barefoot or wear Flip Flops, socialize with Old Farts or Fat … Continue reading
This Wine of the Week is a real “WoW”! The Lello Tinto 2009 from Portugal’s magnificent Douro Valley is the best Douro wine I’ve tasted under $10. The 2009 is better even that previous vintages. If price has kept you … Continue reading
Here’s what’s up this week in wine: Wine Enthusiast has discovered that Virginia is for Wine Lovers. The magazine has anointed the Old Dominion as one of the 10 best wine regions in the world to visit. Quite a coup, … Continue reading
Let’s face it – there’s nothing like Champagne, but Champagne is expensive. Sometimes we want the celebration of bubbles without the expense. Luckily, there are any number of tasty, inexpensive sparkling wines made around the world that can serve the … Continue reading
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, with lots of good food, fellowship and wine. Before the big day, I asked what you’d be drinking, and the favorite wine appears to be Pinot Noir, which garnered 18% of the votes, … Continue reading