- Best article pitch of the week: “Is Summer Camp a Vacation for Head Lice? – Expert Avail” #rolleyes #iwriteaboutwineTweeted 1 day ago
- Thanks! twitter.com/corkandforkva/…Tweeted 1 week ago
- @FightinHydrant Nats fans should vote Adam Eaton for #ASG, w/Zim, Harp, Murph, (Gio and Tanner).Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- @BurgerInfo That "connection" is more tenuous than one of Trump's conspiracy theories. To my knowledge, Rolland is no longer involved.Tweeted 1 month ago
- It will be a few years before we taste the treasure in these soils. instagram.com/p/BS5-gpXAf74/Tweeted 1 month ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
- Peter Chang's Return to DC - Coming Soon
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Italy's Three Kings
- Worth Reading This Week: Turn it down, already! I've got a headache from all these allergenic additives in my organic wine!
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Uncorked D.C. - Wine's generosity at its best
- Is Virginia wine about to meet the Internet age? In Case you were wondering ...
Category Archives: Cheap Wine
The weather is unusually pleasant for mid-summer this week in the Washington area, leaving me thinking of warm days and cooler nights, those wonderful “diurnal swings” that supposedly contribute to well-balanced wine. But since the 2014 Virginia and Maryland wines … Continue reading
Regular readers of this blog know my buddy, Jeff Siegel, aka The Wine Curmudgeon. We are co-founders of DrinkLocalWine.com, the website that became a movement (or at least anticipated one). Jeff is the Eugene Debs of wine consumers, always championing … Continue reading
Do you feel overwhelmed when shopping for wine? The sheer magnitude of choices is daunting. There are wallabies and penguins and rabbits, oh my! Do you prefer to go Barefoot or wear Flip Flops, socialize with Old Farts or Fat … Continue reading
This Wine of the Week is a real “WoW”! The Lello Tinto 2009 from Portugal’s magnificent Douro Valley is the best Douro wine I’ve tasted under $10. The 2009 is better even that previous vintages. If price has kept you … Continue reading
Here’s what’s up this week in wine: Wine Enthusiast has discovered that Virginia is for Wine Lovers. The magazine has anointed the Old Dominion as one of the 10 best wine regions in the world to visit. Quite a coup, … Continue reading
Let’s face it – there’s nothing like Champagne, but Champagne is expensive. Sometimes we want the celebration of bubbles without the expense. Luckily, there are any number of tasty, inexpensive sparkling wines made around the world that can serve the … Continue reading
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, with lots of good food, fellowship and wine. Before the big day, I asked what you’d be drinking, and the favorite wine appears to be Pinot Noir, which garnered 18% of the votes, … Continue reading