- Guy outside Trump Tower shouting, “Trump is a rapist! trump mocks the disabled! Trump mocks me!” #onlyinamerica https://t.co/o41M7MuYH5Tweeted 1 week ago
- @wine_curmudgeon makes a curmudgeonly victory declaration #wine Drink local: It’s time to declare victory winecurmudgeon.com/drink-local-ti…Tweeted 1 week ago
- Sock it to me! twitter.com/zaytinyadc/sta…Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- Bubbles! Gramona Imperial Cava w/bone marrow kibbeh. Amazing! #sommsuncorked @ZaytinyaDC https://t.co/141tLAJlEoTweeted 3 weeks ago
- Somm throw down @ZaytinyaDC. Assyrtiko v. Serbian Muscat w/salmon! Acidity wins this round! https://t.co/WlmdltJx1ITweeted 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
- DC Hails Two New Master Sommeliers
- Crashing the Party at Quinta do Crasto
- Exploring Loire Reds In Their Terroir - Literally
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
Category Archives: Colorado
The weather is unusually pleasant for mid-summer this week in the Washington area, leaving me thinking of warm days and cooler nights, those wonderful “diurnal swings” that supposedly contribute to well-balanced wine. But since the 2014 Virginia and Maryland wines … Continue reading
Earlier this year, after I wrote about the difficulty of finding the so-called “New California” wines, I was introduced to Aaron Epstein, a San Diego-based entrepreneur and new father who operates Le Metro. Wine. Underground, a subscription direct-to-consumer retailer. To use … Continue reading
Carlson Vineyards turns 25 this year, and they’ve been celebrating all over their Facebook page recently. One of their posts got me to reminiscing about my first experiences with Carlson wine, and Colorado wine in general. It was an early part … Continue reading
If you haven’t checked out Drink Local Wine’s Facebook page, you should. That’s where we asked wine lovers to post their favorite photos relating to regional wine during Regional Wine Week. There were great shots of grapes, of course, like … Continue reading
It’s been three months since I’ve posted here. That’s a factor of fatigue, I don’t mind acknowledging. I’ve still been writing my weekly wine columns for The Washington Post, of course, and will link to those here in future in … Continue reading
I’ve written about the reluctance of avowedly locavore restaurants to sell local wines, and each year at the DrinkLocalWine.com conferences I’ve moderated a panel discussion on the subject. This year’s panel was the liveliest yet, mainly because Colorado has really … Continue reading