- RT @Virginia_Made: Why, yes Virginia, there is a Sparkling Norton. @Casanel Vineyard's Red Spark @dmwine @TheVAGrape @WineAboutVa @vawine…Tweeted 1 hour ago
- RT @itswinebyme: Happy 40th Joel Peterson and @ravenswoodwine! Who knew his first target market was DC!Thanks @dmwine for the intel! https:…Tweeted 1 day ago
- RT @ArrowineInc: If you combine "wine" with "dinner", the new word is "winner".Tweeted 3 days ago
- Thanks, Ray! twitter.com/islewine/statu…Tweeted 5 days ago
- The #Nationals manager compares his #wine and #baseball seasons. washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food…Tweeted 6 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- The Recession Claims Billington
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- DC Hails Two New Master Sommeliers
- Choosing a "house wine" - what are your criteria?
- The RdV Salon Experience
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
Category Archives: Competitions
At the Atlantic Seaboard Wine Competition this past weekend, I was flattered to be honored by the Atlantic Seaboard Wine Association with its Monteith Trophy, presented “to individuals or organizations that have performed exceptional contributions to the development and sustainability … Continue reading
This year’s Virginia Governor’s Cup was awarded last Thursday to The Williamsburg Winery for its 2010 Adagio, a Bordeaux-style red blend. And once again, the results of the competition show that Virginia wine’s strength lies with these blended wines rather … Continue reading
Carlson Vineyards turns 25 this year, and they’ve been celebrating all over their Facebook page recently. One of their posts got me to reminiscing about my first experiences with Carlson wine, and Colorado wine in general. It was an early part … Continue reading
The revamped Boordy Vineyards, Maryland’s oldest winery, took top honors at last weekend’s Atlantic Seaboard Wine Competition, earning Best of Show for its 2010 Cabernet Franc Reserve. It was the second major award for Boordy’s first vintage of red wines … Continue reading
Virginia’s wine industry gave itself its annual report card Thursday, and Barboursville Vineyards was named valedictorian – its 2009 Octagon red blend won the Governor’s Cup. The trophy was presented to Barboursville winemaker Luca Paschina by Gov. Robert McDonnell tonight … Continue reading
I spent the weekend as one of 20 judges evaluating 495 wines produced in 17 states along the U.S Atlantic seaboard. The results will be announced in a few days (I know a few, including Best of Show, but those are under embargo until the winners are notified), but here are some impressions I jotted down during the tastings. Continue reading