- @bridgelanewine I love Long Island wines!Tweeted 4 days ago
- RT @RieslingRules: #Riesling and cheese? Hard to argue with that! Check out this article from @dmwine @washingtonpost https://t.co/Ink1BOE6…Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @terroirista: When collecting wine, vintage is paramount. ow.ly/XvG9s @dmwine How to tell a cool vintage from hot. https://t…Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @elite_wines_: In search of a terrific value? Check out our @LasPerdices1 #Malbec 2014 @dmwine @washingtonpost https://t.co/2w3DfsaYP7Tweeted 1 week ago
- Winter wonderland selfie. I love sliding down a snowy hill on my shins! #Snowzilla https://t.co/TE3a0fWfIFTweeted 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Do "real oenophiles" like local wine?
- Wino the Week: Markowitsch Carnuntum Cuvée 2011
- Winemaker's Hands: Paul Drogemuller
- Toast Chinese New Year with sherry
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Why white wines should not always be drunk young ...
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
Category Archives: Competitions
At the Atlantic Seaboard Wine Competition this past weekend, I was flattered to be honored by the Atlantic Seaboard Wine Association with its Monteith Trophy, presented “to individuals or organizations that have performed exceptional contributions to the development and sustainability … Continue reading
This year’s Virginia Governor’s Cup was awarded last Thursday to The Williamsburg Winery for its 2010 Adagio, a Bordeaux-style red blend. And once again, the results of the competition show that Virginia wine’s strength lies with these blended wines rather … Continue reading
Carlson Vineyards turns 25 this year, and they’ve been celebrating all over their Facebook page recently. One of their posts got me to reminiscing about my first experiences with Carlson wine, and Colorado wine in general. It was an early part … Continue reading
The revamped Boordy Vineyards, Maryland’s oldest winery, took top honors at last weekend’s Atlantic Seaboard Wine Competition, earning Best of Show for its 2010 Cabernet Franc Reserve. It was the second major award for Boordy’s first vintage of red wines … Continue reading
Virginia’s wine industry gave itself its annual report card Thursday, and Barboursville Vineyards was named valedictorian – its 2009 Octagon red blend won the Governor’s Cup. The trophy was presented to Barboursville winemaker Luca Paschina by Gov. Robert McDonnell tonight … Continue reading
I spent the weekend as one of 20 judges evaluating 495 wines produced in 17 states along the U.S Atlantic seaboard. The results will be announced in a few days (I know a few, including Best of Show, but those are under embargo until the winners are notified), but here are some impressions I jotted down during the tastings. Continue reading