- 2013 Cartology Chenin from @bollewbroadbent. This is stunningly good old vines wine. del.ec/V9UxQTweeted 4 hours ago
- Exploring and restoring California's old vines. #wine ow.ly/M6WyuTweeted 6 hours ago
- Check out this great Wine from Alheit. I'm giving it 5 of 5 stars with the @Vivino app: vivino.com/s/553ae8270e8ffTweeted 22 hours ago
- 2013. Stunningly good. del.ec/V9UxQTweeted 22 hours ago
- Looking for a Provence rosé at the Cannes film fest? Sorry - they're serving Mouton-Cadet, from Bordeaux. That's so wrong. #wineTweeted 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Tasting SLV and Mouton with Warren Winiarski
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- Colorado wines impress
- Parker: Will Bordeaux alienate the U.S. market?
- Choosing a "house wine" - what are your criteria?
Category Archives: Current Affairs
Just a quick post to celebrate this remarkable achievement by two of DC’s most respected sommeliers: Andrew Myers of CityZen restaurant, and Jarad Slipp, formerly of CityZen and now with RdV Vineyards in Delaplane, Va., became Master Sommeliers on Wednesday. … Continue reading
Virginia wine took a slap in the face Thursday, in this article in The Washington Post. The article described how newly inaugurated Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) is trying to establish good relations with legislators from both parties by hosting daily … Continue reading
MELBOURNE, Australia – It’s a strange feeling to learn that someone you’ve only just met has been ousted from his high-profile corporate job. My first thought on hearing that David Dearie was dethroned on Monday as CEO of Treasury Wine … Continue reading
Some fun and interesting keyboard musings this week: W. Blake Gray indulges in his favorite sport – provoking Adam Lee of Siduri with a post about low alcohol levels. It’s a great way to boost your comment totals on a … Continue reading
Maryland lawmakers may not have been able to solve the state’s budget woes in this year’s legislative session, but they did hand wine lovers another gift. A year after approving direct-to-consumer shipping from wineries, lawmakers approved a bill that will … Continue reading
Worth Reading This Week: FBI arrests alleged fraudster; White House fails to keep dinner wine list secret
Some recent items of interest from the Wine-o-sphere: The FBI last week arrested flamboyant wine collector Rudy Kurniawan for wine fraud. It’s the first time the Bureau has taken wine counterfeiting so seriously. Mike Steinberger has some detailed analysis on … Continue reading
Worth Reading This Week: Wooooooo Boy! Expensive wine critics, cheap wine, and tons and tons of methane …
Here’s my weekly offerings of what’s worth reading on the wine blahgosphere – and boy, this week’s a doozy! We begin with “Campogate” – the controversy over the resignation of Jay Miller from Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate. It seems little-known … Continue reading