- @BurgerInfo That "connection" is more tenuous than one of Trump's conspiracy theories. To my knowledge, Rolland is no longer involved.Tweeted 1 week ago
- It will be a few years before we taste the treasure in these soils. instagram.com/p/BS5-gpXAf74/Tweeted 1 week ago
- @DrinkWhatULike #VaWineChat Our usual drivers may be on vacay. 😜Tweeted 1 week ago
- My #vawinechat lineup. But I'm with you in spirit. https://t.co/wkQYwAljKeTweeted 1 week ago
- Good evening #vawinechat Sorry to join late. Enjoyed the EMV - unfortunately the only one I have. 🙃Tweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Bordeaux tries to recapture the imagination of U.S. wine lovers
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Ooh La La! French Wine Scandal Expands to U.S.
- The Recession Claims Billington
- Cheap wine? Or snake oil?
- Argentina beyond malbec
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- How long will sherry remain wine's best kept secret?
Category Archives: Food and Drink
Why don’t we drink more sherry? Every time I explore this category of fortified wines I marvel at their quality, value and suitability with a wide variety of foods. I marveled again Friday as I tasted and talked sherry with … Continue reading
Recently I came across my copy of the Summer 2010 issue of Virginia Wine Lover, the enjoyable magazine edited by Patrick Evans-Hylton. Patrick had interviewed me for his “Quaff Quiz” feature, and reading it again I realized a few things. I’ve been … Continue reading
Jon Wehner stood at the end of the small pier and pointed to his right across Church Creek. “Those are our oyster beds over there,” he said, indicating a series of white poles sticking out of the water near the … Continue reading
The other day I received a notification from WordPress congratulating me that I registered this blog on their service four years ago. That reminded me that Dave McIntyre’s WineLine is actually 14 years old this month. That’s right – I started this … Continue reading
There’s a lot of Internet buzz these days about the effects the millennial generation is having on wine. Much of it is quite breathless and reminds me of the journalistic cliché in which the reporter intones at the end of … Continue reading
The Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of American History will unveil a new exhibit next week called “FOOD: Transforming the American Table 1950-2000.” A major part of this exhibit – which anyone who eats or drinks should visit – covers the … Continue reading