- RT @gosandrew: @dmwine @littlestjames l love the quote about perfection in wine "‘Is there something I could suggest?’ But no — bingo, you…Tweeted 12 hours ago
- As I age, I just get cranky. ow.ly/IcRq305uOxY @littlestjamesTweeted 1 day ago
- Guy outside Trump Tower shouting, “Trump is a rapist! trump mocks the disabled! Trump mocks me!” #onlyinamerica https://t.co/o41M7MuYH5Tweeted 1 week ago
- @wine_curmudgeon makes a curmudgeonly victory declaration #wine Drink local: It’s time to declare victory winecurmudgeon.com/drink-local-ti…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Sock it to me! twitter.com/zaytinyadc/sta…Tweeted 4 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- America's Southernmost Winery
- Retailer Interview: Vanessa Moore of Unwined, in Alexandria, Va.
- Choosing a "house wine" - what are your criteria?
- Thibaut-Janisson Xtra Brut - A New Can't Miss Virginia Sparkler That Most People Will Miss
- Bordeaux tries to recapture the imagination of U.S. wine lovers
- More on the Loss of Billington Wines
- Book Review: Roy Cloud's "To Burgundy and Back Again"
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
Category Archives: Food and Drink
Why don’t we drink more sherry? Every time I explore this category of fortified wines I marvel at their quality, value and suitability with a wide variety of foods. I marveled again Friday as I tasted and talked sherry with … Continue reading
Recently I came across my copy of the Summer 2010 issue of Virginia Wine Lover, the enjoyable magazine edited by Patrick Evans-Hylton. Patrick had interviewed me for his “Quaff Quiz” feature, and reading it again I realized a few things. I’ve been … Continue reading
Jon Wehner stood at the end of the small pier and pointed to his right across Church Creek. “Those are our oyster beds over there,” he said, indicating a series of white poles sticking out of the water near the … Continue reading
The other day I received a notification from WordPress congratulating me that I registered this blog on their service four years ago. That reminded me that Dave McIntyre’s WineLine is actually 14 years old this month. That’s right – I started this … Continue reading
There’s a lot of Internet buzz these days about the effects the millennial generation is having on wine. Much of it is quite breathless and reminds me of the journalistic cliché in which the reporter intones at the end of … Continue reading
The Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of American History will unveil a new exhibit next week called “FOOD: Transforming the American Table 1950-2000.” A major part of this exhibit – which anyone who eats or drinks should visit – covers the … Continue reading