- Liquid silk. ❤️ del.ec/eGYMwTweeted 1 week ago
- Poolside! 😎 #wine #vawine instagram.com/p/BJBbE-7j2r8/Tweeted 1 week ago
- They're reading in Richmond! @WaPoFood #wine #vawine twitter.com/governorva/sta…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- RT @DrncPno: 5 wines that are anything but boring wpo.st/j6oq1 via @dmwineTweeted 2 weeks ago
- RT @DrncPno: Where pinot fans gather, Virginia’s own makes a splash wpo.st/p5oq1 via @dmwineTweeted 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Kosher Wines
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- The RdV Salon Experience
- Ooh La La! French Wine Scandal Expands to U.S.
- Virginia wine updates: Sweely's new name, and an honor for Breaux
- Worth Reading This Week: Turn it down, already! I've got a headache from all these allergenic additives in my organic wine!
- Sneak Preview Champagne #2: José Michel et Fils Brut Tradition
Category Archives: Food and Drink
Why don’t we drink more sherry? Every time I explore this category of fortified wines I marvel at their quality, value and suitability with a wide variety of foods. I marveled again Friday as I tasted and talked sherry with … Continue reading
Recently I came across my copy of the Summer 2010 issue of Virginia Wine Lover, the enjoyable magazine edited by Patrick Evans-Hylton. Patrick had interviewed me for his “Quaff Quiz” feature, and reading it again I realized a few things. I’ve been … Continue reading
Jon Wehner stood at the end of the small pier and pointed to his right across Church Creek. “Those are our oyster beds over there,” he said, indicating a series of white poles sticking out of the water near the … Continue reading
The other day I received a notification from WordPress congratulating me that I registered this blog on their service four years ago. That reminded me that Dave McIntyre’s WineLine is actually 14 years old this month. That’s right – I started this … Continue reading
There’s a lot of Internet buzz these days about the effects the millennial generation is having on wine. Much of it is quite breathless and reminds me of the journalistic cliché in which the reporter intones at the end of … Continue reading
The Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of American History will unveil a new exhibit next week called “FOOD: Transforming the American Table 1950-2000.” A major part of this exhibit – which anyone who eats or drinks should visit – covers the … Continue reading