- Andrew Stover stamps our #wine passports for PA. ow.ly/4niGoeTweeted 3 days ago
- I speak my mind! RT @galenglenwine: Thank you @dmwine @washingtonpost for stating Galen Glen “is simply outstanding” washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food…Tweeted 3 days ago
- There’s logic to this. 😎 #wine twitter.com/txviognier/sta…Tweeted 4 days ago
- Commemorating Robert Mondavi's first #wine from 1966. #RobertMondavi50 https://t.co/ZNJxxbJe7HTweeted 1 week ago
- @yossieuncorked my net is limited to what’s distributed here.Tweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Whitcraft: Wickedly Good Pinot
- DC Hails Two New Master Sommeliers
- Joe Dressner, Champion of Natural #Wine, RIP
- Tasting SLV and Mouton with Warren Winiarski
- Is Wine Really an Agricultural Product?
- Two Spotlights on Virginia Wine at the White House
Category Archives: Humor
April 1 – DATELINE: ONLINE – The wine blahgosphere fell eerily silent today when William Zinsser emerged from the heavens and told wine blahggers that the world isn’t all about them and they can only write about wine from now … Continue reading
A friend of mine recently read me this recipe over the phone. It reads better aloud, to be honest, but I couldn’t resist posting it here in spirit – Hic! – of the season. I asked for proper attribution, but … Continue reading
Call Central Casting and request a flamboyent French winemaker who epitomizes joie de vivre and bonhomie, and they’d probably send you Jean-Charles Boisset. Boisset is the scion of a famous Burgundy family who in recent years has embarked on a … Continue reading
Some items worth reading this week in the vinosphere: Marketing has run amok again: Mary Orlin, the “Wine Fashionista” for Huffington Post, rails against a reality TV star’s plan to market “Skinnygirl” wines. It’s enough to make one pray for … Continue reading
Worth reading this week on the blahgosphere (actually the last two weeks – since I missed last Friday): A big shout-out to W. Blake Gray for his insightful reportage on President Obama’s proposal to kill off the TTB, the federal … Continue reading
Some interesting reading from this week in the wild world of wine: Palate Press reposts an interesting piece from earlier this year by Evan Dawson on a backlash from California winemakers about the popular “slander” that Cali pinot is routinely … Continue reading
Worth Reading This Week: Wooooooo Boy! Expensive wine critics, cheap wine, and tons and tons of methane …
Here’s my weekly offerings of what’s worth reading on the wine blahgosphere – and boy, this week’s a doozy! We begin with “Campogate” – the controversy over the resignation of Jay Miller from Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate. It seems little-known … Continue reading