- @staceyjoanyoung I doubt there’s enough surplus wine to support such a model in Virginia.Tweeted 1 week ago
- Anything from @TablasCreek ! twitter.com/Sarah_Stierch/…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- I wish I could quadruple “like” this tweet. twitter.com/0emn0/status/1…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- RT @jncorcoran1: Buying alcohol online is becoming our new normal, and these home delivery apps are cashing in washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food… by @…Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- RT @TwoPaddocks: Every day on set with #SeanConnery was an object lesson in how to act on screen. But all that charisma and power- that wa…Tweeted 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Wine News
- Traditions and Rituals
- Bobby Kacher - Dean of the DC Importers
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Are Consumers to Blame for the Sorry State of #Wine?
- Oh, fair vino, whence cometh thou?
- Worth Reading This Week: Wooooooo Boy! Expensive wine critics, cheap wine, and tons and tons of methane ...
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
Category Archives: Humor
My list of my favorite “Great Value” wines of 2017 — posted here yesterday and published earlier this month in The Washington Post — caused a mini stir in Portugal. Or at least, the winery that produces my #3 wine, … Continue reading
April 1 – DATELINE: ONLINE – The wine blahgosphere fell eerily silent today when William Zinsser emerged from the heavens and told wine blahggers that the world isn’t all about them and they can only write about wine from now … Continue reading
A friend of mine recently read me this recipe over the phone. It reads better aloud, to be honest, but I couldn’t resist posting it here in spirit – Hic! – of the season. I asked for proper attribution, but … Continue reading
Call Central Casting and request a flamboyent French winemaker who epitomizes joie de vivre and bonhomie, and they’d probably send you Jean-Charles Boisset. Boisset is the scion of a famous Burgundy family who in recent years has embarked on a … Continue reading
Some items worth reading this week in the vinosphere: Marketing has run amok again: Mary Orlin, the “Wine Fashionista” for Huffington Post, rails against a reality TV star’s plan to market “Skinnygirl” wines. It’s enough to make one pray for … Continue reading
Worth reading this week on the blahgosphere (actually the last two weeks – since I missed last Friday): A big shout-out to W. Blake Gray for his insightful reportage on President Obama’s proposal to kill off the TTB, the federal … Continue reading
Some interesting reading from this week in the wild world of wine: Palate Press reposts an interesting piece from earlier this year by Evan Dawson on a backlash from California winemakers about the popular “slander” that Cali pinot is routinely … Continue reading
Worth Reading This Week: Wooooooo Boy! Expensive wine critics, cheap wine, and tons and tons of methane …
Here’s my weekly offerings of what’s worth reading on the wine blahgosphere – and boy, this week’s a doozy! We begin with “Campogate” – the controversy over the resignation of Jay Miller from Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate. It seems little-known … Continue reading
My weekly roundup of wine news worth reading on the blah-blah-sphere: When I saw the headline for this piece on Wines & Vines, I mistakenly thought it said “Ego-Shaped Wine Tanks … “, which had me mentally riffing about self-important … Continue reading