- It’s Spargel! With Grüner Veltliner, of course - Alzinger 2014 Loibenberg from Wachau. #WeloveAustria #wine ow.ly/i/jDVbqTweeted 20 hours ago
- They get very nervous @vinovolo if you just want to browse their #wine shop. 🙄Tweeted 4 days ago
- Celebrating #JOP40 at the Smithsonian’s #NMAH. #wine https://t.co/sdSKvfl4ofTweeted 6 days ago
- Hey #WMATA. Please fix the pub. address system at #Metro Center. And hire less chatty people.Tweeted 1 week ago
- Where else to learn about US #wine history but at the Smithsonian, with the principals of the #JOP40 ow.ly/i/jrfXaTweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Relieve Some Pressure: Pop a Cork!
- Worth Reading: Provoking Adam Lee
- Wino the Week: Markowitsch Carnuntum Cuvée 2011
Category Archives: Humor
April 1 – DATELINE: ONLINE – The wine blahgosphere fell eerily silent today when William Zinsser emerged from the heavens and told wine blahggers that the world isn’t all about them and they can only write about wine from now … Continue reading
A friend of mine recently read me this recipe over the phone. It reads better aloud, to be honest, but I couldn’t resist posting it here in spirit – Hic! – of the season. I asked for proper attribution, but … Continue reading
Call Central Casting and request a flamboyent French winemaker who epitomizes joie de vivre and bonhomie, and they’d probably send you Jean-Charles Boisset. Boisset is the scion of a famous Burgundy family who in recent years has embarked on a … Continue reading
Some items worth reading this week in the vinosphere: Marketing has run amok again: Mary Orlin, the “Wine Fashionista” for Huffington Post, rails against a reality TV star’s plan to market “Skinnygirl” wines. It’s enough to make one pray for … Continue reading
Worth reading this week on the blahgosphere (actually the last two weeks – since I missed last Friday): A big shout-out to W. Blake Gray for his insightful reportage on President Obama’s proposal to kill off the TTB, the federal … Continue reading
Some interesting reading from this week in the wild world of wine: Palate Press reposts an interesting piece from earlier this year by Evan Dawson on a backlash from California winemakers about the popular “slander” that Cali pinot is routinely … Continue reading
Worth Reading This Week: Wooooooo Boy! Expensive wine critics, cheap wine, and tons and tons of methane …
Here’s my weekly offerings of what’s worth reading on the wine blahgosphere – and boy, this week’s a doozy! We begin with “Campogate” – the controversy over the resignation of Jay Miller from Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate. It seems little-known … Continue reading