- RT @PanosKakaviatos: Can you imagine? Virginia #wines featured in heart of #Alsace @dmwine @VisitVirginia @VaWineLife https://t.co/AoMw6quQâ€¦Tweeted 1 day ago
- Todayâ€™s regional selections. As I always say, â€śOpen one of everything!â€ť #wine #drinklocal ow.ly/i/eMpzwTweeted 4 days ago
- Happy #Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy the feast! Cranberry linzertorte is on the menu! ow.ly/i/eLeTMTweeted 5 days ago
- @thedctweeter try Calvert Woodley, MacArthur Beverages or Schneiderâ€™s of Cap HillTweeted 2 weeks ago
- RT @winesofprovence: Cheers to that! "now that weâ€™ve become enamored of rosĂ©, we should not simply consign it to one season" @dmwine https:â€¦Tweeted 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Peter Chang's Return to DC - Coming Soon
- Sneak Preview Champagne #2: JosĂ© Michel et Fils Brut Tradition
- How long will sherry remain wine's best kept secret?
- Relieve Some Pressure: Pop a Cork!
- Drinking Local with The Wine Curmudgeon
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- Drink Local Wine Week: The Importance of Vintage. Or Not.
- Philippe Sereys de Rothschild Brings Business Savvy and Impish Humor to a Wine Empire
Category Archives: Merlot
Yes, that’s right, “Give me a break!” President Obama is making headlines again in the silly little oenosphere (a word I just made up) because Korbel will be the featured bubbly at the inauguration luncheon at the U.S. Capitol after … Continue reading
Worth Reading This Week: FBI arrests alleged fraudster; White House fails to keep dinner wine list secret
Some recent items of interest from the Wine-o-sphere: The FBI last week arrested flamboyant wine collector Rudy Kurniawan for wine fraud. It’s the first time the Bureau has taken wine counterfeiting so seriously. Mike Steinberger has some detailed analysis on … Continue reading
This has been a tough month for the Virginia wine industry, with the White House â€œparty crashersâ€ Tareq and Michaele Salahi dominating the gossip columns. Their connection to Oasis Winery â€“ mentioned in nearly every story about their escapade and … Continue reading
Biodynamics is a small but rapidly growing style of winemaking. Basically put, biodynamics is â€œExtreme Organics,â€ going way beyond avoidance of chemical fertlizers, pesticides and herbicides to include some rather esoteric practices. The wackiest of these is probably the only … Continue reading
Yesterday I wrote about a potential diplomatic gaffe in wine choices at next week’s presidential inauguration. Tonight I’m happy to report more positive news – that one inaugural gala will feature a regional wine, a testament to how local wine … Continue reading
Last week I had the pleasure of meeting two legends of American wine and food – Mike Grgich, celebrated winemaker who created the Chateau Montelena Chardonnay that won the Paris Tasting of 1976, and Wolfgang Puck, who helped revolutionize our … Continue reading
Tonight on Capitol Hill, the Atlantic Seaboard Wine Association awarded its Best of Show and Best of Category awards to winners of the 4th annual Atlantic Seaboard Wine Competition. In the photo below, Gordon Murchie, president emeritus of the association, … Continue reading