- RT @RieslingRules: #Riesling and cheese? Hard to argue with that! Check out this article from @dmwine @washingtonpost https://t.co/Ink1BOE6â€¦Tweeted 2 days ago
- RT @terroirista: When collecting wine, vintage is paramount. ow.ly/XvG9s @dmwine How to tell a cool vintage from hot. https://tâ€¦Tweeted 2 days ago
- RT @elite_wines_: In search of a terrific value? Check out our @LasPerdices1 #Malbec 2014 @dmwine @washingtonpost https://t.co/2w3DfsaYP7Tweeted 2 days ago
- Winter wonderland selfie. I love sliding down a snowy hill on my shins! #Snowzilla https://t.co/TE3a0fWfIFTweeted 2 weeks ago
- RT @LauraCatena: Si Si Si! @dmwine Vineyard Dirt does Matter "Does a vineyardâ€™s dirt really affect the taste of whatâ€™s in your glass? httpsâ€¦Tweeted 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- DC Hails Two New Master Sommeliers
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- The Mother Vine: Regional Wine's Origin in the OBX
- Wine's changing demographics: An interview with Ed Sands of Calvert Woodley
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- Choosing a "house wine" - what are your criteria?
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- A quick guide to sherry
- Virginia wine updates: Sweely's new name, and an honor for Breaux
Category Archives: Merlot
Yes, that’s right, “Give me a break!” President Obama is making headlines again in the silly little oenosphere (a word I just made up) because Korbel will be the featured bubbly at the inauguration luncheon at the U.S. Capitol after … Continue reading
Worth Reading This Week: FBI arrests alleged fraudster; White House fails to keep dinner wine list secret
Some recent items of interest from the Wine-o-sphere: The FBI last week arrested flamboyant wine collector Rudy Kurniawan for wine fraud. It’s the first time the Bureau has taken wine counterfeiting so seriously. Mike Steinberger has some detailed analysis on … Continue reading
This has been a tough month for the Virginia wine industry, with the White House â€œparty crashersâ€ Tareq and Michaele Salahi dominating the gossip columns. Their connection to Oasis Winery â€“ mentioned in nearly every story about their escapade and … Continue reading
Biodynamics is a small but rapidly growing style of winemaking. Basically put, biodynamics is â€œExtreme Organics,â€ going way beyond avoidance of chemical fertlizers, pesticides and herbicides to include some rather esoteric practices. The wackiest of these is probably the only … Continue reading
Yesterday I wrote about a potential diplomatic gaffe in wine choices at next week’s presidential inauguration. Tonight I’m happy to report more positive news – that one inaugural gala will feature a regional wine, a testament to how local wine … Continue reading
Last week I had the pleasure of meeting two legends of American wine and food – Mike Grgich, celebrated winemaker who created the Chateau Montelena Chardonnay that won the Paris Tasting of 1976, and Wolfgang Puck, who helped revolutionize our … Continue reading
Tonight on Capitol Hill, the Atlantic Seaboard Wine Association awarded its Best of Show and Best of Category awards to winners of the 4th annual Atlantic Seaboard Wine Competition. In the photo below, Gordon Murchie, president emeritus of the association, … Continue reading