- Todayâ€™s regional selections. As I always say, â€śOpen one of everything!â€ť #wine #drinklocal ow.ly/i/eMpzwTweeted 1 day ago
- Happy #Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy the feast! Cranberry linzertorte is on the menu! ow.ly/i/eLeTMTweeted 2 days ago
- @thedctweeter try Calvert Woodley, MacArthur Beverages or Schneiderâ€™s of Cap HillTweeted 1 week ago
- RT @winesofprovence: Cheers to that! "now that weâ€™ve become enamored of rosĂ©, we should not simply consign it to one season" @dmwine https:â€¦Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- Wonderful dinner last night @ Rasika West end, with a great sparkling Malbec rosĂ© and a Heidi SchrĂ¶ck Furmint. ow.ly/i/dXI68Tweeted 1 month ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- A Failed Tea Party with Hugh Johnson
- Let Red Car take you for a ride along the Sonoma Coast
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Drinking Local with The Wine Curmudgeon
- Peter Chang's Return to DC - Coming Soon
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- WoW: Angulo Innocenti Cabernet Sauvignon, Argentina $20
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week: A wild, cheap Thanksgiving wine!
Category Archives: Oregon
The Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of American History is 50 years old this year. As part of the birthday celebrations, the museum’s food and wine history project will host a discussion of “Fifty Years of American Winemaking” on Wednesday, October … Continue reading
Maybe it’s something in the zeitgeist, but I seem to be receiving more hate mail lately. Much of it is short and simple (“You’re an idiot!”). Some readers write to complain that they went out of their way to look … Continue reading
I’m in New Zealand on a brief stopover from my Australia sojourn, but I’m also in Oregon through the pages of The Washington Post Travel section and my feature on Willamette Valley wineries that are redefining wine tourism. Check it … Continue reading
During my interview with Steven Spurrier at the Virginia Wine Summit in Richmond earlier this month, I asked him about his impressions of U.S. wines, 36 years after his famous Paris tasting put California on the world wine map. The … Continue reading
Here’s what’s up this week in wine: Wine Enthusiast has discovered that Virginia is for Wine Lovers. The magazine has anointed the Old Dominion as one of the 10 best wine regions in the world to visit. Quite a coup, … Continue reading
Who thinks these things up? Elin McCoy of Bloomberg News reports on an Oregon winery that recruited an elephant to stomp grapes as part of a fund raiser for a wildlife park. Talk about â€œnatural wineâ€! Winery owner Stephen Reustle … Continue reading