- Best article pitch of the week: “Is Summer Camp a Vacation for Head Lice? – Expert Avail” #rolleyes #iwriteaboutwineTweeted 2 days ago
- Thanks! twitter.com/corkandforkva/…Tweeted 1 week ago
- @FightinHydrant Nats fans should vote Adam Eaton for #ASG, w/Zim, Harp, Murph, (Gio and Tanner).Tweeted 3 weeks ago
- @BurgerInfo That "connection" is more tenuous than one of Trump's conspiracy theories. To my knowledge, Rolland is no longer involved.Tweeted 1 month ago
- It will be a few years before we taste the treasure in these soils. instagram.com/p/BS5-gpXAf74/Tweeted 1 month ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Wine's changing demographics: An interview with Ed Sands of Calvert Woodley
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Winemaker's Hands 3: Ivo Skaramuca's plavac mali
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- Italy's Three Kings
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week #4: Partridge Foot?
- Revisiting an early call to "Drink Local"
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Bordeaux tries to recapture the imagination of U.S. wine lovers
- Thibaut-Janisson Xtra Brut - A New Can't Miss Virginia Sparkler That Most People Will Miss
Category Archives: Pinot Noir
Blind tastings can be fun, informative, uplifting, humbling, even humiliating. The ones I enjoy most are those where my involvement is solely as a taster, with no knowledge of what wines are in the mix (I tend to try to … Continue reading
For the record, hurricanes suck. Especially this one, named Sandy, though at this hour (8 pm ET Monday October 29) we haven’t seen the worst of her. After all, I still have power to write a blog post with. But … Continue reading
Hi Everyone – You’ve probably noticed that I haven’t posted here for quite some time. Some of you have even asked about my health – I’m fine, thank you – or if I’ve quit writing about wine. Definitely not – … Continue reading
This question came to me recently through the Free Range on Food chat on The Washington Post’s website. The chat runs every Wednesday from noon to 1 pm for those who need help with recipe questions, cooking conundrums or even … Continue reading
Some fun and interesting keyboard musings this week: W. Blake Gray indulges in his favorite sport – provoking Adam Lee of Siduri with a post about low alcohol levels. It’s a great way to boost your comment totals on a … Continue reading
During my visit to Sonoma County last month, I had the pleasure of spending an afternoon and evening with Greg La Follette, producer of acclaimed pinot noir and chardonnay from Sonoma and Mendocino counties. We trundled around the lower Sonoma … Continue reading
When I hear winemakers and others in the trade speak favorably of a winery, I’ve learned to take notice. So when in the first hours of my visit to Sonoma County last month, I heard several people mention Red Car … Continue reading