- Just posted a wine del.ec/hSYBQFATweeted 5 hours ago
- 2015 del.ec/NPoIATweeted 5 hours ago
- RT @SuLinNichols: Refreshing and positive news: Austria whites are awesome via @dmwine #wine washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food…Tweeted 4 days ago
- RT @bsayreMerkleRMG: What better way to enjoy summer than with a great-value glass of #wine? @Dmwine’s 5 recommendations: https://t.co/Vgfy…Tweeted 6 days ago
- RT @mfriedl_nyc: #Austrian white #wines from 2015 - seem to be the best in years, great article @dmwine @AustrianwineUSA @foodandwine https…Tweeted 6 days ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- Steven Spurrier on American wines
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
- Treasury Coup: Was It Something I Said?
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Solving the Riedel of Coke
- Millennials and Wine: Revolution or Evolution? Part 2
Category Archives: Regional Wine Week
Recently I came across my copy of the Summer 2010 issue of Virginia Wine Lover, the enjoyable magazine edited by Patrick Evans-Hylton. Patrick had interviewed me for his “Quaff Quiz” feature, and reading it again I realized a few things. I’ve been … Continue reading
This is Regional Wine Week, October 6-12, the sixth annual celebration of wine made throughout the country, not just on the West Coast. As regular readers of this blog know, Regional Wine Week was started by Jeff Siegel, aka The … Continue reading
The Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of American History will unveil a new exhibit next week called “FOOD: Transforming the American Table 1950-2000.” A major part of this exhibit – which anyone who eats or drinks should visit – covers the … Continue reading
DrinkLocalWine, the website-turned-movement that Jeff Siegel and I started four years ago, will hold its fifth annual Regional Wine Week from Nov. 12-16. The idea is to encourage bloggers and other wine writers to focus on their local wines from … Continue reading
I’m beginning to feel a bandwagon effect. The buzz about local wines keeps getting louder. I just received an e-mail from The Bottle Shop, a small specialty wine retailer in North Potomac, Maryland. The store regularly sends e-mail notices about … Continue reading
The regional wine movement – if I can get away with calling it that – continues to gain momentum and popular credibility. The latest spotlight came from USA Today, in an article in Wednesday’s edition headlined, “An American wine for … Continue reading