- @bridgelanewine I love Long Island wines!Tweeted 5 days ago
- RT @RieslingRules: #Riesling and cheese? Hard to argue with that! Check out this article from @dmwine @washingtonpost https://t.co/Ink1BOE6…Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @terroirista: When collecting wine, vintage is paramount. ow.ly/XvG9s @dmwine How to tell a cool vintage from hot. https://t…Tweeted 1 week ago
- RT @elite_wines_: In search of a terrific value? Check out our @LasPerdices1 #Malbec 2014 @dmwine @washingtonpost https://t.co/2w3DfsaYP7Tweeted 1 week ago
- Winter wonderland selfie. I love sliding down a snowy hill on my shins! #Snowzilla https://t.co/TE3a0fWfIFTweeted 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- Toast Chinese New Year with sherry
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Jancis Robinson, Helen Turley, and "Dirty," "Underripe" Pinot Noir
- #WW Five Champagnes for the Holidays, and Beyond
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- Catch-Up News: Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard Changes Hands
Category Archives: Regional Wine Week
Recently I came across my copy of the Summer 2010 issue of Virginia Wine Lover, the enjoyable magazine edited by Patrick Evans-Hylton. Patrick had interviewed me for his “Quaff Quiz” feature, and reading it again I realized a few things. I’ve been … Continue reading
This is Regional Wine Week, October 6-12, the sixth annual celebration of wine made throughout the country, not just on the West Coast. As regular readers of this blog know, Regional Wine Week was started by Jeff Siegel, aka The … Continue reading
The Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of American History will unveil a new exhibit next week called “FOOD: Transforming the American Table 1950-2000.” A major part of this exhibit – which anyone who eats or drinks should visit – covers the … Continue reading
DrinkLocalWine, the website-turned-movement that Jeff Siegel and I started four years ago, will hold its fifth annual Regional Wine Week from Nov. 12-16. The idea is to encourage bloggers and other wine writers to focus on their local wines from … Continue reading
I’m beginning to feel a bandwagon effect. The buzz about local wines keeps getting louder. I just received an e-mail from The Bottle Shop, a small specialty wine retailer in North Potomac, Maryland. The store regularly sends e-mail notices about … Continue reading
The regional wine movement – if I can get away with calling it that – continues to gain momentum and popular credibility. The latest spotlight came from USA Today, in an article in Wednesday’s edition headlined, “An American wine for … Continue reading