- RT @masnNationals: Baker's back in West Palm Beach, where he trained with the Braves as a player. masn.me/r4al #IBackTheNats htt…Tweeted 5 days ago
- RT @masnNationals: TFW you realize spring training starts next week! #IBackTheNats 🔜⚾️😃 https://t.co/uZZePfPtSSTweeted 1 week ago
- Enjoyed dinner tonight at ALL SET in Silver Spring. Good crab cakes, nice wine list! @allsetDTSS #wine #eatlocalTweeted 1 week ago
- RT @fritzhahn: .@WaPoFood goes to Walmart: Me on house-label 'craft' beer: wapo.st/2kIyCpU @dmwine on $7 95pt house red: https://…Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- RT @barbaraslavin1: a week ago, we did not have all these problems...Tweeted 3 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Solving the Riedel of Coke
- Relieve Some Pressure: Pop a Cork!
- Figeac: The misunderstood Premier Grand Cru Classé of St. Emilion
- #TBT: Not All Festive Fizz Comes from You-Know-Where
- Thibaut-Janisson Xtra Brut - A New Can't Miss Virginia Sparkler That Most People Will Miss
- How Accurate are Wine Label Alcohol Levels?
- Philippe Sereys de Rothschild Brings Business Savvy and Impish Humor to a Wine Empire
- An Irish kosher wine from New Zealand?
- And the Winner Is: Glen Manor Hodder Hill 2009
- Traveling the World at Vinexpo
Category Archives: Regional Wine Week
Recently I came across my copy of the Summer 2010 issue of Virginia Wine Lover, the enjoyable magazine edited by Patrick Evans-Hylton. Patrick had interviewed me for his “Quaff Quiz” feature, and reading it again I realized a few things. I’ve been … Continue reading
This is Regional Wine Week, October 6-12, the sixth annual celebration of wine made throughout the country, not just on the West Coast. As regular readers of this blog know, Regional Wine Week was started by Jeff Siegel, aka The … Continue reading
The Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of American History will unveil a new exhibit next week called “FOOD: Transforming the American Table 1950-2000.” A major part of this exhibit – which anyone who eats or drinks should visit – covers the … Continue reading
DrinkLocalWine, the website-turned-movement that Jeff Siegel and I started four years ago, will hold its fifth annual Regional Wine Week from Nov. 12-16. The idea is to encourage bloggers and other wine writers to focus on their local wines from … Continue reading
I’m beginning to feel a bandwagon effect. The buzz about local wines keeps getting louder. I just received an e-mail from The Bottle Shop, a small specialty wine retailer in North Potomac, Maryland. The store regularly sends e-mail notices about … Continue reading
The regional wine movement – if I can get away with calling it that – continues to gain momentum and popular credibility. The latest spotlight came from USA Today, in an article in Wednesday’s edition headlined, “An American wine for … Continue reading