- Looking forward to talking #wine with @JancisRobinson tonight at the Smithsonian! ow.ly/2bvKMGTweeted 6 hours ago
- Despite the late rains, this looks like a great vintage in the Mid-Atlantic! #wine #vawine #mdwine #pawineTweeted 5 days ago
- RT @WineFolly: Still so excited about the @WashPost column by @DMwine. #winefollybook wapo.st/1YIxe5p http://t.co/0FW7EaeU37Tweeted 2 weeks ago
- @nealcvb Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to #FLXwine country! #wineTweeted 2 weeks ago
- Get thee to a local winery this fall! #wine #vawine #mdwine. wpo.st/CaNc0Tweeted 2 weeks ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Treasury Coup: Was It Something I Said?
- Book Review: Roy Cloud's "To Burgundy and Back Again"
- #WW Five Champagnes for the Holidays, and Beyond
- That Amazing Virginia Pinot Noir at #WBC11
- Drinking Local with The Wine Curmudgeon
- Champagne: What Glass to Choose?
- RdV releases 2009 wines
- A quick guide to sherry
Category Archives: Washington Post
Harvest has begun, not just in California but also here in the East. We think of a vine’s growing season as bud break to harvest, but the 2014 vintage throughout much of the United States has been shaped and even … Continue reading
Peter Chang is known as the finest Chinese chef in the United States, and one with a sense of wanderlust. He made his name disappearing from restaurant after restaurant in Northern Virginia, Charlottesville, Knoxville to Atlanta, fleeing whenever he was … Continue reading
This post is especially for Washington D.C.-area readers. Andrew Stover, known to wine lovers around the region for his advocacy of wines from unexpected places around the country, is celebrating the fifth anniversary of his Vino50 portfolio with “The Grape … Continue reading
The calendar says Spring, but Ol’ Man Winter isn’t done with us yet. Tuesday’s forecast for the Washington, D.C., area calls for 1-2 more inches of the white stuff, timed not to give us a day off like that last … Continue reading
Virginia wine took a slap in the face Thursday, in this article in The Washington Post. The article described how newly inaugurated Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) is trying to establish good relations with legislators from both parties by hosting daily … Continue reading
My Washington Post column last week, which I posted here yesterday, generated considerable comment on the web and in emails back to me. Steve Heimoff, Wine Enthusiast’s California reviewer, took issue on his blog with the thought that Bordeaux could ever appeal to U.S. … Continue reading
This article was the most fun I’ve had researching and writing about wine. It was my visit to pay homage to “the Mother Vine,” a side trip of convenience during my niece’s wedding last month on the Outer Banks of … Continue reading