- I wonder how much #Spargel I can eat today. https://t.co/cFE8OA6tJaTweeted 42 minutes ago
- It’s Spargel! With Grüner Veltliner, of course - Alzinger 2014 Loibenberg from Wachau. #WeloveAustria #wine ow.ly/i/jDVbqTweeted 2 days ago
- They get very nervous @vinovolo if you just want to browse their #wine shop. 🙄Tweeted 6 days ago
- Celebrating #JOP40 at the Smithsonian’s #NMAH. #wine https://t.co/sdSKvfl4ofTweeted 1 week ago
- Hey #WMATA. Please fix the pub. address system at #Metro Center. And hire less chatty people.Tweeted 1 week ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Finally, the perfect Champagne glass
- Is Wine Really an Agricultural Product?
- Sneak Preview Wine of the Week: Champagne Lenoble, Cuvée Intense
- Virginia allows corkage - but does anybody know that?
- Bordeaux tries to recapture the imagination of U.S. wine lovers
- Bargain Bubbly: Kila Cava lives up to its name
- OK, so now I have tasted a Marcassin pinot noir ... and liked it!
- La Vida Local: An interview with Christina Findley of The Bottle Shop
Category Archives: Washington
Happy Lunar New Year, everyone! This is the Year of the Horse in the Chinese zodiac, which has to be better than the Year of the Rat, just ended. (But enough about politics.) Having married into a Chinese family, we … Continue reading
During my interview with Steven Spurrier at the Virginia Wine Summit in Richmond earlier this month, I asked him about his impressions of U.S. wines, 36 years after his famous Paris tasting put California on the world wine map. The … Continue reading
Worth Reading This Week: FBI arrests alleged fraudster; White House fails to keep dinner wine list secret
Some recent items of interest from the Wine-o-sphere: The FBI last week arrested flamboyant wine collector Rudy Kurniawan for wine fraud. It’s the first time the Bureau has taken wine counterfeiting so seriously. Mike Steinberger has some detailed analysis on … Continue reading
There will be no Sneak Preview Wine of the Week this week, as my Washington Post wine column appeared already in today’s special Thanksgiving Food section. So I offer instead my prepared remarks at last Thursday’s Uncorked D.C. charity dinner, … Continue reading
I’m beginning to feel a bandwagon effect. The buzz about local wines keeps getting louder. I just received an e-mail from The Bottle Shop, a small specialty wine retailer in North Potomac, Maryland. The store regularly sends e-mail notices about … Continue reading
The regional wine movement – if I can get away with calling it that – continues to gain momentum and popular credibility. The latest spotlight came from USA Today, in an article in Wednesday’s edition headlined, “An American wine for … Continue reading
Every Wednesday, I recommend six wines in my column published in The Washington Post’s Food section. This week, I’m so excited about one of those wines that I wanted to give my blog readers a sneak peek and – if … Continue reading